Will my breasts improve once they "drop"? (Photo)

I had breast augmentation 1 day ago. I am unhappy with the shape. I feel like one is higher and larger and like my actual boob is lower than the implant causing it to look flat and making the nipple very low. Will my breast improve once they "drop"?

Will my breasts improve once they "drop"?

It is too early to tell what your final outcome will be. The implants do move up early after surgery and take time to settle over time.

1 day old surgery

They will improve!  Don't judge your breasts until at least 3 weeks out... the pectoralis muscles swell and the implants look very high.  Be patient.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

One day post B A is too soon to know how final results will be. 

First of all there is a lot of edema, and there are resources your surgeon will be using during you recovery.

Keep a very close communication with your surgeon, and follow his instructions. Keep in mind he can always revise any thing you do not like in your final results.

Be patient and be inform that recovery of breasts is not symmetrical.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Breast Augmentation

It's to early to say if this will be your "final" results.  Give it some time to settle down and if you still have concerns talk to your doctor.

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast position

You may benefit from a band placed across the upper pole of both breasts worn continuously to help push them down in the early period.  

Breast

thank you for  your  question sweety. you have  to wait  at  least 3 month so  the  swolen goes down and  you can see the final results of  your  breast  work. i  recommend you  to  talk to  your doctor about your  concerns.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Asysymetry

I see what you mean and since they are only one day I would for sure give them some more time and see if they drop.You may put a strap over the top.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts improve one they "drop"?

At just 1 day post breast augmentation it is very early in the recovery period and your breast shape will most certainly change in the coming weeks.  Follow your surgeon's instructions with regard to care, compression and/or breast massage.  But give things time, it may take several months to see the final shape.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Appearance one day postop

Hello, breast implant position can change for several months postop so hopefully over time your result will be close to what you expected.

Unhappy with Augmentation

Thank you for your picture.  Your breast shape will change as the tissues soften, relax and the implant settles.  Give this process at least three months