What's the yellow edge on my nipple incision? I am approx. 1 week post op (Photo)

What's the yellow edge on my nipple incision? I am approx. 1 week post op

Post op recovery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Yellow Edge at 1 Weeks Post-Op

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

The best thing is to schedule a follow-up with your surgeon to check out this area and make sure that healing is going well.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I will recommend you to get an appointment with your surgeon to provide some antibiotic creams to help you through the healing process. Do not do big efforts to prevent your incision to get opened.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Worried about healing of incision

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

• I am so sorry but evaluation of surgery during the healing period requires assessment by your own surgeon.
  • It is very important to keep in touch with your own surgeon with all healing concerns.
  • S/he can't give you good care if you aren't sharing all your concerns and questions.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Healing at the incision

It is very difficult to say what is going on from this photograph. There is still quite a bit of swelling in that area. This will probably settle down very nicely over time as healing progresses and the swelling disappears. If you have extra concerns about this, you should see your plastic surgeon who will probably be able to give you assurance that the appearance will improve.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

First why not return to see your operative surgeon for ANY postop issues?? Very swollen N/A surgery. Most likely nothing but in person observation worth the time.

Hard to tell

best to f/u with your surgeon when you are this fresh post-op. Could be a little bit of dead skin, could just be some dried/crusted serous fluid, difficult to tell from the picture.