I'm wanting to remove my breast implants which will require a lift. Can it be done at the same time ?

Explant and lift together

The answer to your question is maybe.  It depends on your health, the integrity of the breast tissue and the degree of the lift necessary.  This question is best answered by having a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  You will want to discuss your goals for surgery.  Make sure to bring along any information you have about your implants as well.
In short, it can be done safely in some cases, but others may require a two staged approach for the best result.

Simultaneous explantation-mastopexy

Great question which should be discussed comprehensively with the PS you choose for this procedure.  Completely understand that most #women who are ready to opt out of breast implants want to be done "yesterday", however both patient and PS should cooperate to get the best aesthetic and safest outcome.  The indications for a breast lift depend on the position of the nipple and the major volume of the breast, with relationship to the inframammary fold (i.e. where the breast joins the chest wall).  Some explant patients may "shrink" up, after explantation for a variety of reasons (good breast skin elasticity, small volume implant, relatively short period of implant residence, etc.).  If they are motivated to avoid additional surgery, we usually agree to adopt a "wait and see" position; many are well served by having a "lesser" procedure.  Other explant cases are more complicated (excess native breast tissue, hard capsules) and require a candid discussion and acceptance of risks, benefits and possible complications (additional scarring, asymmetry, delayed wound healing and need for further procedures).  That being said, I have learned a lot from my explant patients, who invariably consult after having done a lot of research beforehand.  Good luck!  

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Removal and lift

Agree with the plastic surgeon below.
My preference is 2 stages.
Safety is the most important thing.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal and a lift.

Hello want2becute. I perform breast implant removal and lift together quite often. I would avoid doing this operation together if there's thinning of the breast tissue, a history of smoking, and/or other medical conditions which do not allow for the proper length of anesthesia. We get a lot of patients from Florida in Scottsdale each and every year mainly because Scottsdale is know as a plastic surgery hub. The weather and the accommodations are really great too, especially this time of year.  You may have to travel to find the best for your situation. We find that traveling to Scottsdale is easy for most people and in the office we have information that can facilitate your trip.

Aldo Guerra, MD