Told I have swelling in tissues, I don't get why I look this fat? Could this just be swelling at 7 weeks post-op? (Photos)

I haven't gained any weight. I look much larger and have a large fat roll when I sit. Does it look like it's swelling? They said there's nothing to drain. I have a large fat roll when i sit. Should it still look like this. I have gotten bigger every week even with a corset that my PS said was great I wear it 24/7. He doesn't want to see me for 3 months. Higher protein diet. Eating less now than before surgery.

Told I have swelling in tissues, I don't get why I look this fat? Could this just be swelling at 7 weeks post-op?

YES something NOT right! Best to seek a scan of the abdomen for collections of blood or fluids and in person paid second opinions ASAP.

7 weeks post op Swelling

Thank you for sharing our concerns, the process of healing after a Tummy Tuck its a bit different in every person, there is still a long time for you to get back to the desired size, anyways you should contact your surgeon about this concern since its the person who according the guidance that he or she follows will find the best way to solve the issue.

Best wishes.... 

Disnalda Matos, MD

Healing after a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. Healing after a tummy tuck is usually pretty straight forward. There is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery. The later phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens. It is after this time that patients get closer to the final result, though this varies patient to patient. Best is to follow your chosen surgeon's advice. Best of luck!

It would be nice to see your preop photos.  You can certainly still have swelling at this time and your plastic surgeon is your best source at this time.  Give it some time and swelling should decrease.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photo. You are relatively early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.