Will my tattoo stretch after a BA?

I have a tattoo above my breast across my clavicle area there about. I have 34C breast and looking to go up an additional cup. Will my tattoo stretch too much with a moderate implant?

Tattoo stretch

Thank you for your question and the post. Your tattoo should not stretch that much if it is up high as most of the stretching comes from the lower part of the breast after a larger implant is placed.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

With a tattoo that high on the breast it will not likely be affected by breast augmentation surgery.

Tattoos and breast augmentation

Most of the stretch from a breast augmentation is in the lower and central breast rather than at the top, so I expect your tattoo will be fine. Problems tend to occur more frequently for patients with tattoos along the rib cage that are near the breast fold since the tattood skin can get "recruited" to cover the bottom of the breast. Also, if your cup size increase is as conservative as you say, then that will minimize the impact as well. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation effect on tattoo

Chances are your tattoo will not be effected by a moderate increase in your breast size. A s;ight increase in the size of the tattoo is possible if it is in the lower breast or periareola area. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Will my tattoo stretch after a BA?

Thank you for your question.  If the tattoo is at the level of your clavicle is unlikely that it will be stretched by breast augmentation with implants.  Of course he need to discuss this with your chosen plastic surgeon to be certain.

Will my tattoo stretch after a breast augmentation?

It sounds like the tattoo is quite high and should not be effected by breast augmentation surgery.  Run this question by your plastic surgeon who will be able to advise you more definitively.  You may find the attached link, demonstrating many patients with similar concerns interesting to you.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.