One side of abdomen has more fibrosis than other side, will it even out with time? (photos)

I am 2 weeks post op and I'm becoming disappointed with the results . I had lipo and one side of my abdomen has more fibrosis than the other one. I am guessing this is why one side looks more sculpted than the other. What can I do ? Do I look ok for 2 weeks? Will it even out in time?

One side of abdomen has more fibrosis than other side, will it even out with time?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Swelling after liposuction

You look fine for two weeks. Generally the final result takes at least three or four months to be visible, so really no reasons to worry right now.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Is still to early to see final results just after 2 weeks.

Your are still very swollen, as you will be at least for 3 to 4 month post op, and you need to use your compression garment at least  for 2 weeks more.

In my opinion you look ok for 2 weeks. Have patience and keep a good communication with your surgeon.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Liposuction Recovery

It's a little early to evaluate your results. I wouldn't stress. You need a good 3 months of healing to reach a stability point. In the mean time, you must massage your tissue daily. Highly consider endermologie and or lymphatic massage 1-3 times per week. This will help breast up scar tissue and lead to a smoother result. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It is very common to have bruising and swelling for weeks to months after liposuction procedures. What is most important is that you follow your surgeons post operative instructions and continue compression. If you are concerned, lymphatic massage and Velashape or Venus Legacy treatments can be used to improve the swelling and help the skin tighten. My patients start treatments right away and it improves the long term results.  Do not do any injection or revision treatments at this time you are still healing! Speak to your physician if you are concerned. Best, Dr. Emer.

At less than 3 months NO WAY to be able to be sure this is not swelling... Best to allow at least this healing time to occur. In the mean time obtain aggressive lymphatic massages with external ultrasound therapies (if OKed by your surgeon). I might offer KyBella injections after 3 months healing, but quite expensive($2,000+) with off label use. And only use a trained expert injector. Good Luck.