Can I be sick from my implants? Can I be having a bad reaction to silicone?

I'm 24.32a to 350 cc of mentor memory gel silicone. I've had my implants for 3 years. Since I've gotten my implants I feel a discomfort around the bottom of the implant. I get nauseous, & my nipples are uncomfortably sensitive, I've also developed a shortness of breath & cough that doesn't go away. I'm not sure if it's related but I've been getting sensitivity in my hand / arm similar to arthritis All of these symptoms occurred while healing from the surgery or just after & haven't went away

En bloc capsulectomy

The only way to know is have your implants removed.  Breast implant removal should be performed with complete en bloc capsulectomy. The capsule should not be left in place or the space will not heal. In patients that believe that their implants are causing them illness, leaving the capsule behind will not result in any improvement in their symptoms.  After the explantation with capsulectomy is healed, you can develop an plan for further surgery if it is warranted and is safe from a technical standpoint.

YES! There are more and more BA patients with Implant Illness. See  breast implant illness site for more info. Explant with capsulectomy (attempt to remove 100% of capsule is offered very few can obtain a true 100% removal, but taking as much as possible is the best way). Than lipo with layered fat grafting into the breasts. Fees from $8,200 to $20,000. Seek the FEW boarded Miami PSs that offer this surgery.

It is highly doubtful that your breast implants are causing health issues, but the only way to know is to have them taken out to see if you feel better.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD