In search of a doctor for my mommy make over surgery. Tummy tuck, lipo, breast augmentation. Any suggestions?

I'm 25 a mother of one and pregnant with my second/ last child now. My stomach and breast were left very saggy after my first child so me and my husband agreed that after our second child a mommy makeover was well deserved. I know it may seem premature to be looking for a dr now but I want to be sure to find the right doctor for me.

Selecting a surgeon

You want to begin by searching for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can review credentials and look at reviews from other patients.  Many physicians offer before and after photos for you to see as well.  The relationship you have with your surgeon is key.  You want to be sure that you have a "meeting of the minds" for your surgical goals.  Best wishes to you!

Dr derby

This is a very personal decision. I think that important is to first determine if you want to stay close to home or travel internationally. When you know the answer to that question you can investigate good doctors here on Realself or for USA on the website from the American Board. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest finding your surgeon through the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).  For a surgeon to be a member of this society, they have to be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, perform a minimum number of aesthetic cases per year and be in overall good standing with all regulatory bodies.  Be sure to have consultations with several different surgeons before you find the one you're comfortable with.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I specialize in restorative breast surgery and body contouring procedures. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites prior to scheduling your consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

In search of mommy makeover doctor

I would suggest to start with American Board of Plastic Surgery.  They have a list of well qualified doctors in your area.  In addition, you may contact your local hospital to obtain a referral to a plastic surgeon.  It is essential to find a surgeon who is experienced in body contouring procedures.Best,Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD

Finding the right surgeon for a mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. Surgery overseas can be an excellent option for results, experience, and value.  In addition to finding the right surgeon you should look into the hospital and the rest of the medical team. Is the hospital accredited? Do they have modern facilities and supplies? Are the anesthesiologists licensed and accredited? Do they speak English well enough for you to communicate your concerns and needs?   cosmetic surgery in Colombia represents an increasingly attractive option for consumers looking for the ultimate combination of quality, price, availability, service, enjoyment, and value. Prices for plastic surgery procedures can be very affordable, and often 30-50% less than in the United States and Europe. When done with a board certified surgeon, patients can save thousands of dollars on cosmetic procedures while providing all of the safety and quality that they would receive in top U.S. and European centers. Best of luck!

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast augmentation is often performed at the same time for improved breast shape and contour with upper pole fullness.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

In search of a doctor for my mommy make over surgery.

Thank you for the important question.  Best to have your procedure performed by a appropriately trained/certified (board-certified) plastic surgeon.I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  Although it may be a little early to find your surgeon, it's not too early to speak to friends, family, co-workers, etc about surgeons in your area.  Look for a surgeon with plenty of experience with the procedures of interest and who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Consult with one or more surgeons to discuss your options to best meet your goals and choose the surgeon with whom you feel most comfortable based on experience, before and after photos of his/her work, reviews, and let cost be one of the less important factors.  Hope this helps!