How much to replace implants? Not going bigger

I had 390 saline over the muscle implants 9 years ago. I have had a rupture due to age of the implants. Im trying to find a price im comfortable with. I paid 3800 for everything. I went to one doctor however he was trying to tell me the replacement will be around 6500. I thought this was insanity! Why would it be so much more ?? I was prepared for around 4500 max. Should i keep looking ? Im not going bigger and do want both replaced. Thank you for your time .

Hi. Fees and costs will vary on the area of the country you live in. I would suggest you start to look at all of the South Florida surgeons on RealSelf and do some investigating. Costs should never be the driving factor. There are some plastic surgeons specializing in cosmetic breast surgery who have Summer specials.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Good luck on your journey.

Dr PG

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Cost of replacing ruptured implants

The cost to replace a ruptured implant has a wide range depending on surgeon, anesthesiologists, and facility. Do not base your choice solely on price, safety and expertise should be your first consideration. Is the OR certified, is the plastic surgeon board certified?Your implants may be under manufacturer warranty which means they provide the new implants free of charge and some money towards the replacement surgery. Check with your implant company and find out.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Implant replacement

You should visit several plastic surgeons and you may see a great variety of pricing.  You could ask the surgeon's scheduler to break down the price of surgery and it doesn't hurt to ask for better pricing.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

$4500 sounds good, but that is ONLY a replacement NOT a capsulectomy!. Seek in person opinions. 

Thank you for the question. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that additional revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.