Should I put on a tight garment on the area where I got cool sculpting or not right? (photos)

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Garments are not necessary but some people like to wear them

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Compression Garments are not necessary after Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is simple for many reasons.  There is no patient preparation involved and no requirements for patients after the procedure.  It is not necessary for patients to wear compression garments.

Should I put on a tight garment on the area where I got cool sculpting or not right?

We do not require patients wear a compression garment after a CoolSculpting procedure. If it makes you more comfortable you could wear one it will not affect anything. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Compression garments

It is not a requirement. Most of our patients find that compression garments does make the transition feel more comfortable.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment Post CoolSculpting

We do not require our patients to wear compression garments after CoolSculpting but it is certainly possible that it could help you feel more comfortable and certainly would not diminish the result of the procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Compression Garments not necessary but may be helpful

Although compression garments are not necessary following Coolsculpting, some patients find them to help with comfort, mostly if the area of treatment is the abdomen. 

Compression after Coolsculpting

While it is not necessary to wear compression garments after Coolsculpting, I can tell you (from personal experience), that I highly recommend it to my patients.... especially those who have had Coolsculpting on their abdominal areas.  I found that it greatly diminished that pins and needles feeling.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Compression Garments and CoolSculpting

Thanks for your question.

I advise my patients that they can certainly wear compression after CoolSculpting if they feel more comfortable with pressure on the area, however I do advise them that this is not a requirement of the treatment and will not enhance the result.

The treated area will naturally swell during the inflammation process of CoolSculpting, so this extra compression does help patients with this.

Wearing Garments After CoolSculpting

Using compression garments after a CoolSculpting treatment is not needed. There are no restrictions and you can get back to your regular activities right away.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Garment after Coolsculting

Garments are usually not necessary after coolsculting treatments. Follow your doctor's care instructions and give it time to appreciate the benefits!

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon