Looking for the BEST PS that specializes in breast augmentation in South Florida? (photos)

Hi! I am specifically looking for a PS that specializes in breast augmentations. I am 41 y/o, 122lbs, mother of 2, breastfed 1. Pre-babies I had small but nice perky 34B cup. I am not looking to go big, looking to restore what I had.. So would like to keep it natural vs's the high and round shape. I've read so much about the teardrop that looks very nice but concerned about the rotating. Any recommendations for my frame that would be natural and discreet looking?

Looking for the BEST PS that specializes in breast augmentation in South Florida?

Certainly, an in person consultation is best to review your requirements, goals and expectations as well as for you to find the best surgeon for you. Generally speaking, when someone is thin and has a small cup size breast, the decision becomes how big versus how natural. There is only so much space in which a particular implant will be able to fit and also look natural, in my opinion. And yes, a round implant in the subpectoral position in a thin person with a smaller cup size breast can and will look completely natural if a conservative appropriate size implant is used. I do this all the time. It's all about what fits if you want a natural and aesthetic looking breast. In thin patients starting with A or B cup size breasts, depending on their measurements, I often place implants from 200cc to 300cc, and they look natural and wonderful. At times, a bit larger will work, depending on each individuals measurements and tissues.  We also work with alot of models who come in with A cup breasts requesting a natural looking cup size larger. Their implant size ranges from 200cc to 265cc, rarely a 286cc.
I am not a fan of tear drop or textured implants. In reality, a round silicone implant, becomes teardrop shaped if you hold it upright, as the cohesive silicone gel displaces more to the bottom...producing a tear drop shape. Also, if a round implant turns one way or another, it is still round. A tear drop shaped implant, if one rotates, it will create asymmetry. The teardrop shaped implant is made textured to attempt to keep it from rotating. The textured surface adheres to the overlying tissue, a velcro like effect, making it less natural and more palpable in my opinion, especially in thin patients. Also, form stable tear drop implant are made much firmer than round cohesive gel implants.
Bottom line, a conservative size, smooth round implant in a thin patient with a small size cup breast will create a completely natural looking breast. Best wishes in your endeavor. Dr Sam Gershenbaum

Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Looking for a good surgeon

Unlike sports teams, there is no ranking system for plastic surgeons!  The term "best" is highly subjective.  Of course, there are many talented surgeons in Florida.  I'd suggest taking a look at the find-a-surgeon feature of the Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons' website.  All FSPS members are board certified in plastic surgery, and are members of ASAPS or ASPS.  That would be a great place to start.

Thomas Fiala, MD

How to find the "best" surgeon

You seem to have only a small amount of sag, and you are thin with a relatively small amount of breast tissue. In my experience, patients who look like you and have similar goals are happy with one of two options (both ideally placed under the muscle). 

First are the teardrop shape, form stable implants ("gummy bear"). They have the lowest risk of capsular contracture and bottoming out, and the risk of rotation is as low as 1% with an experienced surgeoen. They create a very natural looking breast, but they can feel firm and can be hard to push together to create cleavage for up to a year after surgery. 

Second are the overfilled, cohesive silicone implants (like Natrelle Inspira) in a low plus or moderate profile. They are available in a smooth or textured surface, but the smooth is more commonly chosen. Size should be Selected by considering your breast measurements combined with what you like after sizer fittings or imaging sessions as well as reviewing photos. 

As far as finding the best doctor, although some doctors have more experience and better results than others, there is no such thing as one "best" surgeon because the criteria to judge are so subjective. Also, your rapport with the surgeon and staff can be just as important as picking someone based on technical expertise. I suggest searching RealSelf and the ASPS website for board certified plastic surgeons in your area then looking at their before and after pictures to make sure you like their results. Schedule a few consultations to see who you like and trust in person. Best wishes. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Specialist

Hello Lucy. Thank you for your question and photos. You still have fairly nice shape and reasonable volume. As you said, you just need to restore the volume that you have lost. Because your connective tissue is most likely somewhat weakened and inelastic from the pregnancies and breast feeding, you and your surgeon will be wise to avoid implants that are larger than necessary to achieve your goal. For the same reason, you are right to be concerned about rotation of teardrop implants.It appears that you have a long torso and long clavicle to nipple distance so excessively high position/shape should not be a problem unless very large implants are used. I would recommend subpectoral augmentation with moderate plus or high profile implants to fill with projection rather than width through the incisional approach of your choice. My best estimate from the photos provided is that implants in the 250-300cc range would likely be indicated but all of these details would have to be confirmed with an in office consultation including measurements and sizing. You certainly should be able to achieve a natural and discreet looking result.

Best of luck.

Dr. Polo

Max Polo, MD

Breast augmentation

There are many excellent surgeons in South Florida.  You can start by looking at the ASPS or ASAPS websites.  Best of luck

BA

You have slight asymmetry of your breasts which may make the case for a periareolar lift at the time of the breast augmentation.  For a perky look, a size of 275-325 cc would be ideal.  More projection would be indicated for the larger size implant.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation after breast feeding

Great question and as my other colleagues have indicated, "best" is not really a term used to describe plastic surgeons for many reasons--the definition of this is highly variable and all (yes, all) plastic surgeons can experience a complication or less than optimal result on occasion. There are a few things to consider when visiting with potential plastic surgeons --

1. Make sure they are Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery specifically--this is the only legitimate, approved board that credentials PS after completing an appropriate residency. You can search their website for a list of surgeons in your area.

2. Pay attention to their demeanor and your interaction during the visit. You want someone that is going to listen to your goals and have a discussion with you about the best recommendation for how to achieve YOUR goals.

3. Check out their Realself reviews and before/after photos. Although these are certainly not a guarantee of what you will get AND we plastic surgeons tend to naturally only put up our best results online, it will at least give you an idea of what kind of work they do.

4. GO WITH YOUR GUT. This is probably the 2nd most important one after #1. You want to choose a surgeon that you feel completely comfortable with.  IF you go into a consultation with a PS that someone tells you is "the best" and you don't feel comfortable or get a funny feeling. . . this is probably not the surgeon for you, even if they are fabulous.  

5. Find out more about the facility where they do surgery--is it certified, is there an RN present, do they use an MD anesthesiologist, do they have hospital transfer privileges in the event of an unexpected, rare emergency during surgery?

All that taken care of, it is absolutely possible to restore you closer to "pre-baby" breasts with a natural result. One consideration is anatomic or tear-drop shaped implants and I tend to find that placing the implants beneath the muscle also helps to achieve a more natural result (especially in smaller natural breasted ladies) because it provides some added tissue between the skin and the implant so softens it some and helps to avoid a "shelf" type look.  Choosing a smaller, appropriately sized implant also helps. Don't forget that your plastic surgeon should be your partner in helping to achieve your goals and you are in control of what those goals are (so long as they can reasonably be achieved). Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Without the benefit of physical exam- its difficult to comment accurately re/ style, and size of implants- as the proper measurements have to be taken before that. In order to determine who is best for you - consider:

1. Years in Practice;  2) Review of the before and after galleries; 3) Make sure he/she is Board Certified PS; 4) In person consultation to determine if the Doctor and his/her staff are best for you.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Though i can not recommend a specific surgeon, I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You are starting from an excellent point and should obtain a very nice result.  Based on your goal outcome a small implant can be placed to restore your previous volume and perkiness while remaining natural appearing.  Hope this helps.