Can prolonged use of Latisse make your eyelashes fall out?

I've been using Latisse for over 4 years on and off (mostly on). I have notice this happen twice already in the 6 months . My lashes look amazing and suddenly they start falling out. The first time it happened I thought I was a medicine that I was on , I continued with the Latisse and they grew back, had them nice for maybe 2 months. Now it's happening again. Mostly on one eye, like s bald spot. They are also much thinner than before the Latisse.

Eyelashes Falling Out

Eyelashes like your hair run through hair cycles that cause the hair to fall out. Latisse is meant to make hair grow and not fall out so I would suggest going to the office that sold you the Latisse and talking with them about the concern of the bald spot.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question in regards to latisse. Our hair grows in different phases and will cycle out which is to be expected. Being consistent with the use of latisse will determine your results. Once you stop using latisse, your lashes will eventually return to there beginning state. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS