What procedure do you recommend for my breasts?

I lost 50 pounds when I was 16 and my breasts have never been the same! I am currently 19. I wear a size 34 C bra. Im wondering why my left breast is bigger and sags more than the right one. It looks detached. What is wrong with them? I also have a loose skin issue with my breasts due to weight loss. What should I look into? Thank you so very much.

Your breasts illustrate the consequence of significant weight loss: loose skin and deflation of the breast tissue.

If you are OK with the current volume, then a lift with equalization of the volumes by modest reduction of the left side is the appropriate operation. Should you also seek enlargement, then implants should be inserted first then any needed lift can be performed to create more perky shapes. Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with your type of breasts.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

The treatment depends on your  breast goals. If symmetry without a size increase is desired then simple breast lifts can be done. If you want more volume then breast implants likely with lift can be performed. You may be able to get  good result with a breast augmentation combined with an internal mastopexy and avoid the additional external scars of a traditional lift

Breast implant and mastopexy

Thanks for you question. Depending on the results you wish to achieve and if you accept a vertical scar I suggest a mastopexy with breast implant. I can also suggest a simple breast augmentation if the patient don't accept the "lolly pop" scar, the direrence  is the final position of the areola and the shape. With the first option you will have better shape and better position of the areola but with a scar, with the second option you will have no scar but the areola position will not be the ideal. This can always be better explained during a personal consultation. Choose  a certified plastic surgeon. Regards,

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Breast lift with augmentation candidate

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo and information provided, it looks like you would be best served with a combination of breast lift with augmentation.  The parameters of both the breast lift and the position of the breast implants should be designed to keep the implants relatively low while lifting the breast tissue and nipple to sit directly over the implants.  Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky.  The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for the individual.

Breast deflation after weight loss

Congratulations on the weight loss and thank you for asking. The treatment depends on your  breast goals. If symmetry without a size increase is desired then simple breast lifts can be done. If you want more volume then breast implants likely with lifts can be offered. Hope this helps. Make sure you see a local board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Asymmetry

I appreciate your concern but it appears from your photos that mastopexy with implants would be best for you. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast enhancement options

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Even at a young age, though, a significant amount of weight loss can have an impact on the integrity of one's skin.  Asymmetry, particularly in the breasts, is the norm rather than the exception.  Given your proportions and the appearance of your breast shape relative to your breast fold, you seem to be a candidate for a breast lift with concomitant augmentation,  The actual design of the lift and the type of implant will depend on the quality and thickness of your tissues, your size goals and whether or not those align.  Seeking the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon is absolutely critical and it is often important to see two to three surgeons in order to educate yourself to make the best decision. 

Breast augmentation with lift

Hello, Thanks for sharing your case and photos. you defintly need a breast lift with implants to re shape your breast. have a nice day!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Lift with augmentation

Congratulations on your weight loss. It looks like you would be a good candidate for a lift and augmentation. Best of luck.

Breast Asymmetry

There are multiple ways to approach asymmetric breasts, but ultimately even with surgery there will always be some degree of asymmetry (although hopefully much less).  Every woman has asymmetry to some extent whether they've had surgery or not, this is normal.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD

New York, NY