Is it normal to have zero down time and no swelling or discomfort after breast implant revision? (photo)

I had a revision on 3/5/14. Went from 325cc to 600cc under. Local anesthesia. Immediately after Sx I felt normal. Ever since I felt normal. No pain, seems like no swelling, no discomfort, no bruising, etc. from day 1 they look and feel like they would 3 months post op. They are soft, skin doesn't appear stretched. I have had 0 downtime. Is this normal?

Is it normal to have zero down time and no swelling or discomfort after breast implant revision?

Each patient differs from one another previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. It is great news you are recovering successfully. However, it is best to follow post-op recovery instructions to prevent healing complications. During these first few days, you may engage in light activities, but must refrain from lifting or raising  your arms above your head. #Swelling and #bruising will subside during the first week after surgery and can be managed by #pain medication. The initial surgical tapes will be removed a few weeks after surgery during a post operative visit. #Revision patients typically may return to a work a few days after surgery (only a light workload during the first two weeks). Showers are permitted on post op day 3 if there are no drains. #Scars will progressively fade throughout the first year following surgery and products may be applied a few days later but only with your surgeon's permission.

Normal post aug

What made this possible is the fact that your skin envelope was already stretched out by your previous implants.this made it possible to go bigger and with less discomfort.Enjoy.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Revision augmentation often has a short recovery

A revision augmentation can have a very short recovery particularly if a new pocket for the implant is not created. A doubling of your implant size is likely to make you look a bit snug early after surgery and you can expect some relaxation over the coming months. 

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Re-augmentations

usually have much less discomfort that a primary augmentation.  So yes, it is normal and you should enjoy the symptom free recovery.  Just don't over do anything where you could create a problem so always clear your activities with your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

Guess you got lucky this time, play the "power ball" with this luck. Otherwise enjoy your new breasts... 

Breast augmentation revision

It is not uncommon for someone who has had prior implants to not have a lot of pain after a revision if the pocket did not need a lot of work.  Good for you.

Congratulations on having undergone revisionary breast surgery without complication. Yes, revisionary breast surgery, depending on exactly what is done, can be relatively pain-free and often much better tolerated than initial breast augmentation surgery.  This is probably because significant “new” dissection is not necessary in many cases. Best wishes.