Still in Pain. Any suggestions?

I had a Mastopexy 2 weeks ago with a 500cc Gummy Bear HP Implants. My question is how long am I going to be hurting? Still in pain all over

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Still having pain

It is normal for your breasts to be swollen at 2 weeks post op. If you're concerned that you might have an infection contact your doctor and let him know what symptoms you're experiencing.

Good luck to you!

In Pain After Surgery

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Swelling and pain can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the surgical area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks, and as swelling accumulates and becomes uncomfortable the best person to contact is your surgeon..

Post Op Pain

I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. Most swelling and pain will typically resolve within the first 2 weeks post op however depending on specifics of your surgery, you may require additional pain relievers to help manage post op pain. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon and ask what they advise to help you manage at this point in your recovery. 

All the best 

Pain after lift and augmentation

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are still having discomfort after your procedure. If you have an increase in pain, redness, increase in swelling or anything else that doesn’t seem normal, you should contact your surgeon. Your surgeon can examine you and let you know if everything is normal. This being said, the most uncomfortable part of the mastopexy-augmentation is the stretching of the chest muscles. Every patient has a different pain tolerance and discomfort at 2 weeks post-op is normal. Post-operatively I give my patients narcotic pain medication, but I also give valium that works as a muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen which is an anti-inflammatory. This combination typically works quite well. Your pain should be getting better and better. Don’t be discouraged, every patient is different as is their recovery time. If you have concerns, follow-up with your surgeon to be 100% everything is healing as expected. Good luck to you.