Neo-graft for 2000 grafts worth $9000?

I received a quote yesterday for a neo graph for 2000 graphs. The price estimate was $9000. $4.50 per graft. Is this a good price?

Price quote from Neograft

The value of a hair transplant depends upon the experience of your surgeon and his ability to manage his surgical team. If your doctor has a lot of experience, then go for it. Don't do it if your doctor is not very experienced in this field.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft Pricing

South Florida pricing for NeoGraft based on the company should be between $8-10/graft. That being said, I do no know of many practices charging that amout. The average pricing to my knowledge is between $6-8/graft, and I have heard of some places doing a special promotion for even $4/graft. The most important thing is to make your decision is not solely based on pricing. There are many offices offering NeoGraft, but they don't have an experienced hair transplant surgeon. Do your research. Good luck!

Very Fair pricing

It is important to make sure that you are going to get the best results and also to be able to make it happen within your budget. That pricing is very fair and as long as you had a good feeling about choosing that Doctor and clinic, than if that seems worth it for you as well. I would say that you are getting a very good price. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neo-graft for 2000 grafts worth $9000?

Neograft markets an FUE tool, NOT an experienced FUE surgeon. The best results are not dictated by this tool or the cost. Some clinics with great experience in FUE charge anywhere from $5 to $10 per graft and can give similat results. Look at the clinics before and after results to see if the cost is justifies the experience. If you do not see many results then there is little experience. It is known that Neograft lets new Neograft doctors use their "stock" pictures and this might not reflect that actual surgeon performing the actual transplant at that actual clinic.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neograft cost

Neograft is one of several tool options for performing regular FUE procedure. Neograft is a tool not a procedure and like any tool comes with merits and demerits on how it compares with other FUE tool options. That said, outside of the tool, it is very important to assess the value of what you are getting in the context of the surgeons experience and track record for producing results consistently. Browse the doctor's website and look for evidence of results and consistency. That should be the basis for determining the worth of the work you are about to get.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

You quote may be a good price but you should consider if you will get good results.

You quote may be a good price but you should consider if you will get good results.  Not all hair transplant results are the same.  It all depends on the doctor and the clinic.   Neograft is just a tool that takes out your hair follicle. It does not dictate or guarantee results. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

This depends

on the doctor and clinic and if/how much they outsource the procedure to someone else.  You want to make sure you know who is doing the procedure. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist