Lumps and bumps on my stomach almost 10 years after lipo. Please help (Photos)

Unfortunately it wasn't stressed to me the importance of wearing a garment or massage so I was content until shortly after surgery. I've had 3 kids since then and haven't worried until now. I've read about scar tissue, lymphatic massage but want a real answer. I need to pinpoint the problem. Do I see a surgeon or do I need to go to a deep massage center?

Uneven Skin 10 years after Liposuction

Unfortunately, it is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of your uneven skin (lumps and bumps as you call them) just from your photos.  However, at 10 years after a liposuction and following 3 pregnancies, chances are your skin has lost some elasticity, and this loosening has exaggerated any slight irregularities present early after your lipo.  At this time I don't think massage will help.  You might consider some of the non-surgical skin tightening technologies such as ultherapy, thermage, or sculpsure.  You could consult with a plastic surgeon to see if some spot liposuction might help reduce the bumps and make things smoother, or even if a little fat grafting in the depressed areas would even things out a bit.  If, however, you have a lot of loose skin, then you might consider a tummy tuck to really firm and smooth your belly wall.  Good luck.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your questions and pictures.  It may be that the solution for your situation is to have a tummy tuck.  This will remove extra skin and help to significantly correct the uneven areas on your abdomen.  Seek a consultation from a Board Certified PS.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Lumps and bumps on my stomach almost 10 years after lipo.

Thank you for your question. At this time massage is not going to work. Need some combination of treatments to smoothen. Please see a board certified PS for evaluation.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a revision procedure for improvement or try non invasive options like sculpsure, vanquish/cellutone, exilis/venus legacy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Very difficult issues! After 10 years and 3 pregnancies. I think a combination of minor surgeries, KyBella (off label injections) Thermi Smooth 250 RF sessions can improve over the course of 6 months. Fee range from $5,000 to $10,000, with no guarantees.....

Lumps 10 years after lipo

You could visit a practice where the surgeon could evaluate you for a small amount of liposuction to correct the lumps. I do not think that any massage will improve your issue at this point. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon