What is best for indented cheeks? Long term? I am 46 yrs old. Voluma? Fat transfer?

Voluma Fills in Indented Cheeks

Voluma can last for up to two years in many patients. I often use it to rebuild flat or hollow cheeks. I use Sculptra in patients who have global facial volume loss and thin skin, as it stimulates one's own collagen and also can add nice volume while keeping patients looking natural.  Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out how dermal fillers like Voluma can rejuvenate your midface.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma and fat transfer are both options for increasing the volume of your cheeks for a long-term period. Specifically, Voluma adds volume to the cheeks and mid-face and can last up to 2 years with a gentle lifting of the three areas of the cheek (apex, apple and hollows) providing a more youthful and healthy appearance. Please post photos here so that we can assist you in our recommendation. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma or Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question.  As you may know, Voluma is a hyaluronic acid based filler that is excellent for adding volume to cheeks, but it generally lasts less than 2 years.  If you are wanting to delay having surgery due to expense or potential downtime, Voluma may be a great option for you, in the meantime.  However, fat transfer will give you long lasting results that usually look very natural. You really can't go wrong with either choice.  Contact your favorite plastic surgeon's office and ask which option would be best for the results you are wanting to achieve.  Wishing you so much joy on your journey!

Remus Repta, MD

What Is Best For Indented Cheeks? Long Term? I Am 46 Yrs Old. Voluma? Fat Transfer?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph.  In general, Voluma is an excellent product for restoring age-related midfacial volume loss and for providing an upward lift.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Christian N. Ford, MD
Cohasset Physician

Indented Cheeks and Fillers

I use a lot of Voluma and love it for just this purpose.  Sculptra is also wonderful in building cheeks but it takes a longer time and I often do a combination of both for the best cosmetic effects.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Voluma

Without a photo or better yet, seeing you in person, it is impossible to recommend the right course of action of your face. Voluma is incredible effective for restoring volume to the mid-face/cheek area and the results are long lasting. Schedule an consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Cheeky Solutions with fillers (Voluma, Bellafill) Sculptra, implants, fat

Facial fullness can be improved long-term with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Best filler for indented cheek long term

There are many choice for this area. The long term solutions are Sculptra, Bellafill, and Fat. Voluma is a filler that lasts 12-15 months in my experience, not 2 years. Fat has variable take and isn't always permanent or smooth. Revisions have to be done with fat sometimes. I like off the shelf products, and they are easier to get exactly where you want to place them.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without a photograph it is difficult to offer definite advice.  Voluma works best in the mid-face of patients, overlying the bone of the cheek to add volume, lift tissues, and supply a natural enhancement.  Sculptra works well in the hollows of the cheek, the portion that is over your teeth to restore volume that is lost with age.  Fat transfer offers a more long-term solution by restoring the fat lost with age with the fat from another portion of your body.  The best treatment is determined through an in-person discussion with an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope this helps.

What is best for indented cheeks?

There is no one best option to treat indented cheeks.  There are several options available and they each have different advantages and disadvantages.  As far as fillers go, the longest lasting would be a stimulating agent such as Bellafill.  Sculptra could also be used but would not last as long as Bellafill.  Sculptra results can last  2-4 years.  All the other fillers would not last as long.  Fat transfer could be an option but is an invasive procedure to harvest and transfer the fat.  Surgically placed implants are yet another option.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon