I had TT done 6 weeks ago on Monday. What are these? Painful (Photo)

So, I had TT almost 6 weeks ago. For the most part Im fine. Every now and then I get a rash on each side where the TT ends/starts. But today, I been in pain. I trooped out the pain at work but when I got home from work, took a shower, I realized just how red that is. When I took a picture I noticed it looked worse than I thought. It seems like there is a 'crack' through the bubble. Anyone knows what is this? Rash? Necrosis?

Red post tummy

From the photos it looks as though those little lumps are sutures that are coming out.This sometimes happens.Keep the area clean and a little ointment such as bacitracin should suffice.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain at the incision

The pics that were provided appear to indicate that there are some suture problems occurring.  These maybe isolated suture abscesses or even reaction to the suture material.  I would suggest that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible so they can treat the areas appropriately.

John J. Obi, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Suture abscess

The redness is most likely caused by a suture abscess, which is not a serious problem but should still be taken to your surgeon. Contact your PS for an in-person evaluation. Best regards.

Jaime Perez, MD

Red bumps after tummy tuck

These are probably small suture abscesses and will either rupture and drain or resolve.  See your surgeon: it may be reasonable to try antibiotics and/or warm compresses.

I had TT done 6 weeks ago on Monday. What are these? Painful

You need in person follow up visit to determine if your scarring is preceding OK. Appears as if you have scar issues.... 

Infection After Tummy Tuck

Contact your plastic surgeon immediately as it looks most like an infection that will need to be treated.

Karen Singer, MD

Redness at incision after TT

Thank you for your question. Many reasons for the redness around the incision after tummy tuck. But until proven otherwise it is infection and especially the way you are describing. Please call your PS immediately for evaluation.Good Luck

Redness and drainage after tummy tuck

Unfortuately it seems that you have developed an infection.  Please contact your plastic surgeon right away to assist you in the management of this. 

Painful redness after tummy tuck is often infection

Call your surgeon immediately because redness may be a sign of infection. It could be something else (irritation, fluid collection, fat necrosis, suture reaction), but you do not want to ignore it. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

You need to call your PS immediately. It looks like you have an infection that needs attention and some antibiotics.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon