I have been recommended a component separation.I respect this recommendation but wanted to check if there are any alternatives?

I have had one major abdominal surgery that took weeks to recover from: I am not sure I can face this again. I have two incisional hernias of 6cm (umbilical) and 9 cm (ventral - towards the bottom of the long scar on my stomach).

Components Separation

Components separation is a technique to separate your abdominal muscles to reposition them in the middle, closing a hernia defect. It can be an excellent technique to close defects in the abdominal wall. Alternatives involve the use of mesh. You can always get a second opinion.  Either way, you are committed to an abdominal surgery with associated recovery.