I have one eye bigger than the other what condition is this? (photo)

Doctor Answers 3

One eye bigger

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I'd recommend seeing an eyelid specialist. They will want to look into your concern and see if there is a reason for the differences in the eyes. It may involve a simple blood test or possibly a CT scan. Good Luck.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Eyelid asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your right eye is more open - and actually appears a little too open.  You should see an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate your eyelid muscles and the bony orbit to try and determine why this is.  Bring some old photos with you so they can better determine what is going on here. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Eye asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are a number of reasons why one eye would appear larger.  Most are benign but not all.  The history is important as it might indicate a condition that is congenital or one that is changing and needs to be investigated.. I recommend a thorough exam and possible workup by a craniofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.

Richard O. Gregory, MD
Orlando Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.