I had bilateral breast reduction done 4 months ago. Can I have abdominal CoolSculpting done?

Abdominal cool sculpting after breast reduction

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Yes you should be able to have coolsculpting
please clear this with your doctor

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting

There is no evidence that states you are unable to have a CoolSculpting session during your breast reduction recovery period.  However, the only issue would be positioning during your CoolSculpting treatment. It will still be uncomfortable if you apply pressure on the chest/breast area post surgically so I would first consult with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after breast surgery

Your breast reduction surgery should not interfere with your coolsculpting treatments.  You have waited enough time for your breasts to heal.  I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon that carried Coolsculpting to discuss with you whether you are a candidate for Coolsculpting as well as discuss other options with you so you can make the best decision for yourself. 

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure for reducing a fat bulge by 20 to 25% in a given area.  There is no contraindication in you having coolsculpting in the abdominal area provided you are a good candidate.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a very good nonsurgical option to achieve a 20-25% reduction in fat in areas where you can easily "pinch" the tissue.
A consultation with a plastic surgeon who has the ability to provide the entire spectrum of aesthetic treatments for your abdomen is a good start.

CoolSculpting After Breast Reduction

Yup, you can have CoolSculpting done on your belly 4 months after your breast reduction. Good luck on your treatment!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting after breast reduction

As long as you are an appropriate candidate for CoolSculpting of your abdomen, there is no issue with having had breast reduction surgery 4 months ago.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after breast reduction

There should be no concern with your having abdominal CoolSculpting after breast reduction.  Good luck!

Coolsculpting

Having a breast reduction 4 month ago should not hinder you from having coolsculpting.  As coolsculpting is noninvasive and is done right there in the office.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting to reduce fat of the abdomen can be done after breast surgery

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is done very commonly in our NYC practice on women who have had other elective cosmetic surgery including breast reduction, breast augmentation and breast lift.

CoolSculpting freezes only the treated fat and causes a certain percent of that fat to die but it doesn't affect neighboring areas of the body.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon