What can I do to freshen my look?

i am 58 and have always looked younger than my age. In the last few years I am aging rapidly - my skin is sagging and I always look tired. I feel like I don't even want to go out anymore and I was always complimented on my looks so I enjoyed being social. I'm not sure what's going on - menopause maybe. But what can I do that is not too expensive to refresh my skin and make me look brighter, I already use high end creams and lotions but need something more without surgery.

Turn back the clock!

Thank you for your question. This is one of my favorite things to help with, reversing the clock. With a combination of the right fillers, and skin tightening procedures such as the Ulthera, or Thermitight, you can dramatically tighten your skin for a younger profile that is all natural. Newest in our noninvasive procedures is the Instalift which offers results which rival a light facelift. Meet with an experienced Derm or Plastic surgeon for the best evaluation. Best, Dr. P.

Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Non surgical face lift

First, seeking a consultation from a experienced board certified plastic surgeon who will give you a thorough examination and provide you with all your options to help improve and maintain a fresh look is advised. Luckily, there are many options for you to consider once you choose a doctor you feel comfortable with. The many options include Botox, dermal fillers, micro-needling, PRP, laser treatment, chemical peels, and Ultherapy. All of these can give you a more youthful refreshed look with very little downtime and is fairly inexpensive. All come with risks and indications of use that should be discussed in consultation. All the best on a more refreshed you!

David Stoker, MD

NonSurgical Facelift

The best nonsurgical facelift techniques can be best determined when you have a consultation.  At the time of consultation your Facial Plastic Surgeon can review your medical history and determine your treatment options.

In general nonsurgical techniques such as fractional resurfacing can be used to tighten skin and smooth wrinkles.  Some of the more recent fillers can be used to provide some lift for the cheeks, and lift early jowls.  Others can be used to add volume.  All procedures have their limitations.  For some people a facial and neck tightening procedure may be necessary.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to freshen my look?

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to freshen my look?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  When patients present looking for facial rejuvenation I often discuss with them surgical and nonsurgical options and alternatives to achieve a more youthful appearance.  Nonsurgical options include:

1.  Hydration - Appropriate intake of water through the day is vital for organ system support, including the skin in order to maintain appropriate hydration and turgor to tissues, minimize wrinkling and swelling, and lend a clearer appearance.

2.  Skin Care - Start a good skin care regimen, incorporating a retinol, lightening cream, and sunblock to improve skin clarity, tone, texture, and thickness, while treating fine lines and wrinkles, accelerating skin turnover and evening skin coloration.  Minimizing sun exposure to prevent the early degradation of collagen and elastin in skin that can lead to thin, sagging tissues. 

3.  Botox - Help slow the progression of wrinkle formation in the head and neck region  

4.  Fillers - Help restore the volume of soft tissues and bone that we lose with age, aid in lifting soft tissues, prevent sagging of these soft tissues and help achieve an improved shape to the facial silhouette.

5. Chemical Peels - Help to firm, tighten, and even skin tone and texture through a series of treatments.  

Hope this helps.

Refreshed Look with Botox, Fillers and More

Dear cmkauf:

There are many treatments available to refreshen up your look including Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels, lasers, maintenance use of topical retinols to name a few.  I would recommend a thorough assessment with an expert cosmetic physician for best results possible.  Wishing you treatment success!

A Fresh Look

There are a multitude of things you can do to improve your look. First, find someone or a location that has a great reputation for making people look refreshed but natural. A great aesthetic provider can make someone look the way they FEEL on the inside. That allows you to have a better relationship with YOURSELF, and who better to get along with? Considering you want to keep this relatively inexpensive, at Quintessa, we would recommend filler and Botox and possibly a Halo laser treatment or two. If your "sagging" is significant, we might recommend an in office minilift or an upper blepharoplasty (eyelift) to give you the look you desire. Ultimately, we would work with your budget to give you the best "bang for your buck". BTW, I'd recommend you save your money and quit buying the "high end creams and lotions", they do very little...

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refreshing Options

I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help the skin rejuvenation and prevent aging. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

What Can I Do To Freshen My Look?

Thank you for your question!  It is difficult to comment fully without seeing a photograph.  In general, Botox and hyaluronic acid based injectable fillers, such as Juvederm and Voluma, can work well to address the science of facial aging and produce a naturally refreshed look with little to no downtime.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

What can I do to freshen my look?

You did the first step by posting a question here on RS. Next step is to seek a few in person consummations for non invasive or minimally invasive options: Skin care, peels, thermitight/smooth, Nova Thread Lifts (PDO Threads).