What filler is good for temples? (Photo)

I want to know what filler is best for temples? Also I was wonder if I should get some in my cheek area. My cheek bones show so much and I really don't like it.

Doctor Answers 3

Fillers for temporal hollowing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have several options for your temples, the most common of which are Radiesse and Sculptra.  Each of these lasts 1.5 years or more and can be done in clinic.  You can also use your own body fat (usually from your stomach or lateral thighs).  You can even do a deep bone filler to the area, but that is less common.  Each of these (with the exception of the bone filler) can also be used to augment the cheeks and midface.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Fillers for the temples

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hollowing of the temples is an often overlooked area for facial shaping and is an important area in over all facial appearance.  Filling this area should be performed by an experienced injector as there are many potential problems if injected improperly.  The best fillers are Sculptra, Radiesse or Hyaluronic Acid fillers such as Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus.  The rounding of this region is very aesthetically pleasing.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

There are Many Options for Filling the Temples

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
As we age, we lose volume in the face.  The temple region is one area that some patients can lose significant volume.  Volume loss in this are can create a "peanut" head appearance.  I use 2 types of fillers in the fillers:

1)  Hyaluronic Acid Fillers-  Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm

2)  Sculptra

They both work well.  Hyaluronic fillers are results are immediate but don't last a long.  Sculptra will require more treatment sessions but will last longer.

I hope this helps.  

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.