Fat transfer to breasts - one noticeable larger than the other? (photos)

I had liposuction of the abdomen/flanks about a week ago, and the fat was transferred to my breasts. From the very moment I came home, it is very noticeable that the left breast is rounder, fuller, and sits lower. When looking at me straight on, the left breast extends past the side of my body... the right breast does not match AT ALL. I am only four days post-op, and I do know that some of the fat will dissolve, but I am very concerned about the unevenness Opinions are greatly appreciated!

Fat Grafting Recovery

Thank you for your question. In our practice we counsel our patients to expect a certain amount of asymmetry following fat augmentation and that it will take six months for you to have your final result. Early asymmetries usually resolve by about six months. It is not worth worrying about this asymmetry until that period has passed. Regardless, it is important to talk to your surgeon and have an examination to ensure there is no other reason for one side to be larger than the other such as bleeding or infection. Good luck with your recovery and give things time! 

Portsmouth Physician

Uneven

You are very early in your healing phase and do have two different breasts. You may have more swelling in one than the other. Please discuss any concerns you have with your doctor. Also, just ask how much fat was placed in each breast.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

You are extremely early in the healing and settling process.  Furthermore, all breasts are different left to right before and after any surgery.  As such, they also heal differently.  Several months are required for swelling, settling, and results.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended to address your concerns.

Fat transfer to breasts - one noticeable larger than the other?

Breast enlargement with fat grafting most commonly requires more than one procedure.

When you have you follow up procedure you will get better symmetry

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge

with a fat transfer it will take MONTHS to know how things will settle out. You have to trust that the surgeon you chose made the correct decision with how much fat to transfer to each breast and to create as much symmetry as possible. Remember, your breasts were not twins prior to surgery, they were sisters, you should expect the same after, but it should be better. 

Thanks for the RS questions and postings. It is still very early in healing phase especially when doing fat transfers. The Fat Transfer to buttock and or breast is one of the most time consuming and difficult plastic surgical operations. In my opinion there are very few expert boarded PSs offering Fat Grafts to the body areas in the US. It is a time intensive operation (over 3 to 4 hours), many individual steps in each surgery, an artistic quality in the surgeon's eye is also very important. As I reviewed your posted photos it was obvious you had preoperative slight asymmetries. Therefore increasing volume would magnify these differences. I recommend waiting 3 months than after examining comparable photos of before to after, additional surgeries might be in order - i.e. additional fat grafts, donut lifts?, or other options. You can also obtain in person second opinions only from true fat grafting expert PSs in South Florida.