I had lower eyelid surgery and I think I have scar tissue. Is there a way to fix it? (Photo)

I think I have a scar tissue on one side. The left healed and went down. The right has something hard still. although is only 5 days I m very concerned . Is there a way to fix it? Help. Lower eyelid

At 5 days, it is way too soon to be concerned with swelling after any surgical procedures, even eyelids.   You still have some bruising discolorations.  The swelling can last 2-3 weeks at minimum. I would not be concerned yet.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue

Since you are only 5 days I would sit tight and not be alarmed.Each eye will in many cases heal differently so relax and maybe some warm compresses and gentle massage.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

More bruising usually equals more firmness around surgical wounds.

Hello,  Being that you are only 5 days post-operative, it is too early to worry about scar tissue in your case.  I doubt that you will have any scar tissue that affects your cosmetic result.  In your photo, I see more bruising under your right eyelid.  It is typically normal for one eye to have more bruising and edema (swelling) than the other post-operatively.  Because your right lower eyelid has more bruising, it will usually also feel more firm or "hard".  I don't think you should be concerned about that now.  I recommend that you keep some ointment on the incisions for the first 10-14 days.  Vaseline should be adequate but you should ask your surgeon what he or she recommends for you.  Do not get direct sun on your eyelids for a few weeks and even then you should wear a good sun block at least spf 30.

Ryan Mitchell, DO, FAOCO
Henderson Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 days post op

Thank you for sharing your concerns and photo. 5 days post op is much too early to make any judgements. The eyelids usually heal at different rates. See your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Good luck,

Eyelid Scar tissue

Any incision that is made in the skin will cause scar tissue to form. You look great for 5 days after surgery!  Let time take its course and you will start to see the benefits of your procedure.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Surgery and Scar Tissue

Scar tissue formation is a normal part of the healing process, and to be expected at this stage of your recovery. Sometimes, thicker scar tissue can persist, and this can be managed if it causes a significant issue for you in the future.  However, it is still very early in your healing process to be overly concerned about this, or to consider any additional treatment right now.  From your photos, it appears that you still have a significant amount of swelling and that you would be well served to be patient and to give your body more time to heal.  It is relatively common for one side of the face to initially heal somewhat differently than the other side, and this should not be a major cause for concern at this point in time.  I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about any specific questions that you may have regarding your healing.  Managing expectations and addressing concerns are some of the most important aspects of guiding patients through any plastic surgery experience.  
Best, Dr. Gregory Lewen

Gregory D. Lewen, MD, FACS
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon

You pretty swollen.

All surgery causes scar tissue.  Mostly what I see in your photos are swollen eyelids.  I encourage you to be patient and let yourself heal.  Time is amazingly helpful to allow things to clam down.

1 week postop is meaningless

1 week after surgery is way to early to make judgements. I tell patients it is like answering 2 questions on 100 question test. If you get both wrong, it doesnt mean you will get a zero. You may get a 98! Also if you get the first two right it doesnt me you are getting a 100. In short give it time. 1 week that hard bump may disappear in a couple weeks. 

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have some postop swelling that appears very normal for 5 days out.  Continue cold compresses, elevation, rest.  It should improved markedly in the next 2 weeks. 

I had lower eyelid surgery and I think I have scar tissue. Is there a way to fix it?

YES! The way to fix is allow healing time of a few months so ALL the swelling and healing occurs. At 5 days you look great, you need to be more patient. Have you discussed healing phases with your chosen surgeon?