Eyelid scars too high and creases slightly lower than I wanted. (photos)

I'm a 27 year old girl, I had brow lift and upper bleph 2 and a half months ago. Both eyes incisions are fully visible with my eyes open. My doctor said that I still had swelling and that the creases would migrate up where the scars are to camouflage them, but I'm scared if that happens the crease will be too high, the creases are not as high as I wanted at this point I want my crease to go up slightly and the scars to be lowered.

Eyelid scars too high and creases slightly lower than I wanted.

I agree with my colleagues that your creases likely will not change much other than subtle improvement due to further healing. The scars WILL improve in their appearance though as you heal. With regard to symmetry and crease position it is a little hard to tell as your photos show your eyes in different positions. Overall I would say that your incisions are higher than where I typically place them but they should improve significantly. Protect them from the sun and use a scar product to help promote rapid healing. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

High eyelid scar

After 2 1/2 months it is very unlikely that the crease is going to end up in that scar.  You do not appear to have any excess skin, so trying to move the scar into the crease surgically would not be a good idea.  The position of your crease looks pretty good.  With time the scar should fade significantly so that it should not be noticeable. You should talk to your surgeon about using a silicone get or anti-inflammatory cream to help with the scar. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid scars too high and creases slightly lower than I wanted

The creased WILL NOT migrate! But the healing phase has just started. In 6 months the redness will subside and you will not really see the incisions. Was your surgeon a boarded PS? 

Eyelid scars 2 months after surgery

Any swelling that remains is not enough to account for the difference between your incision and your crease. The shape of your eyelid is good however, and the pink color of the scars will fade significantly over the next few months. Changing the crease position on an eyelid is a specific surgery, and it is not something that just happens over time.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon