Are dry itchy skin rashes common while on isotretinoin? (photos)

Im currently taking 40 mg 2Xs daily of isotretenoin (Zenatane). Certain spots of the rash resembled ringworm so I started applying Lotrimin (Antifungal cream) to reduce rash but doesn't seem to be effective. Is this a common side effect and what meds can I use as relief for the itchy and dry discomfort? Are there any lotions you can suggest? Thanks

Rash on Isotretinoin

Yes It is common to get "retinoid dermatitis" which is what you appear to have.  Please see your dermatologist for treatment. It will go away after a few weeks of treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.