I'm curious to know if there's risk with having a TT then getting pregnant couple years later? What is the effect after ?

Tummy tuck risks

Thank you for your question. Fortunately, significant complications from abdominoplasty are infrequent. Every year, many thousands of people undergo successful aesthetic surgery of the abdomen, experience no major problems and are pleased with the results. Anyone considering surgery, however, should be aware of both the benefits and risks.The subject of risks and potential complications of surgery is best discussed on a personal basis between you and the doctor, or with a staff member in our office. Some of the potential complications that may be discussed with you include bleeding, infection and reactions to anesthesia. Tissue loss along portions of the horizontal incision is a possibility when the abdominoplasty is very extensive. This complication, which delays healing and prolongs recovery, is more common in patients who smoke or have medical conditions such as diabetes. Revision surgery is sometimes helpful in certain instances where incisions may have healed poorly. If you are a smoker you will be required to stop smoking entirely for six weeks before and after the planned procedure. Following surgery, occasionally, fluid may accumulate under the skin. Removal of this serum is accomplished with drains placed at the time of your surgery. We use a very special type of drain that is painless to remove. It is slipped out in the office anywhere from 7-10 days after surgery. You can help to lessen certain risks by following our written advice and instructions that we provide. Best of luck! 
Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and pregnancy

A couple year wait time between a tummy tuck and pregnancy is very safe.  Most surgeons recommend waiting 1 year at least.  The change with pregnancy may require you to undergo a revision if skin laxity, striae, and abdominal wall laxity recur.   

Pregnancy after tummy tuck...

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

truly the effects on the pregnancy is minimal. Even if you have muscle tightening, the baby will grow at its will. If anything the effects of pregnancy are the ones that will change the results on your body, and you might need to have it done again.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

I'm curious to know if there's risk with having a TT then getting pregnant couple years later? What is the effect after

The only reason NOT to do TT than get pregnant is the need to re TT after pregnancy. Best to seek in person opinions from private practice boarded PSs in SOUTH FL. 

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

Hi Nickyboo. My patients that have had full term pregnancies after tucks have all had normal pregnancies, healthy babies, and no touch-ups or revisions! You may experience some loosening of your muscle repair or looser skin, but chances are you will be better shaped than if you hadn't had the tuck originally. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question. If you are considering to have children, then you may want to postpone the tummy tuck surgery until you are done having children. The reason being, during surgery, the vertical muscles are tightened and future pregnancies can divide those muscles. I do have patients who get a tummy tuck and then have more children later on, and that is fine, but a revision tummy tuck may need to be performed.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS