Chemical peel for scarring on forearm?

I have scarring on my forearm that I would like to get rid of. The scars are flat and I would like to do something to help get rid of some of the discoloration. Would a chemical peel work?

Chemical peel for scars

A chemical peel can work for scars but some of the lasers were even better.  I would recommend using ResurFx laser.  In some cases using a dermal pen such as Rejuvapen has done excellent job.Straight protection from son is also vital during this time of healing.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chemical Peels for Scars and dark spots

It sounds like chemical peels and Fraxel both will help improve these scars.  The peels are ideal for the hyper pigmented component as well.  Please consult a specialist with experience with these lasers.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Scarring on Arms -- Fraxel, Fillers, Microneedling, Subcision

I suggest a formal consultation, peels rarely are effective for deep scars unless they are small and you use the TCA cross method.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chemical peel for the forearm is not suggested

Chemical peel is not the right approach for scarring of the forearm.  May consider fractionated CO2 laser.  Need an examination to see for sure.  

Chemical peel for forearm scar

Nonfacial areas do not respond as well to chemical peels and other resurfacing techniques.  That said. light-medium peels. such as TCA, coupled with at home fading agents might be helpful.  I believe that it would be worth trying.  Sometimes, multiple peels may be necessary to produce the desired effect.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chemical peel for scarring on forearm?

Only in person examination from a derma or PS would allow a determination 'if' peels would improve your forearm scars????