Brusing dark color stains after BBL (Photo)

I had a Brazilian butt lift exactly 8 weeks ago today and the brusing still isn't gone. It's very dark and I'm worried my skin is going to stay this way. I've been applying arnica cream for a month now and it looks only slightly lighter if at all. Is this normal? Does brusing usually last this long? (Poor photo quality)

BBL Recovery

Bruising and swelling after BBL is expected. Continue to follow-up with your surgeon and give yourself more time to heal. Some people bruise more than others or take longer to resolve the bruising. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Brusing dark color stains after BBL

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. 

After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD