Breast lift with implants. One breast looks higher and different. Will this improve by itself? (Photo)

I had a breast lift with implants 375cc HP mentor silicon two months ago and at first they looked fine but after a month I started noticing something is not right. Could it be my surgeon Did something wrong? I'm so upset about it. My desire was to go a little bigger but the Dr. Insisted that I shouldn't go any bigger than 375 because they were going to sag fast so I kind of followed her advice. Can this improve by itself? I don't think I could go trouhgt another surgery again. Felling so depressed.

Please re-read your question.

I'm sorry, but my first and second readings of your question sound so angry, blaming, and finger-pointing I wonder why no one here has told you that YOU chose this surgeon; YOU discussed your goals and received advice, but now have decided that "at first they looked fine" and after a month you started "noticing something is not right." What did YOU do wrong between surgery and one month post-op (since it looked fine at first)?

Doesn't that sound just as silly as blaming your surgeon for things settling, softening, and dropping differently on one side than the other? Do you sleep on one side more than the other? Are you right-handed? Perhaps these or other things outside your AND your surgeon's control has more bearing on one side looking different.

Plus, you act as if your surgeon defied your wishes for large(r) implants. Maybe your tissues would not accommodate larger implants--or should your surgeon have simply put in the larger ones you requested, and not been concerned about excessive pressure on your incisions or blood supply to the skin flaps? Popped-open incisions and dead skin would be quite a bigger problem, don't you think?

You appear to have had a very good breast lift plus implants, and some asymmetry is normal at this stage. It may or may not improve as time goes by, but no woman starts absolutely symmetrical either. Some more than others, but absolute symmetry post-op is both impossible and an unrealistic expectation.

It sounds as if you and your chosen surgeon did not communicate with each other well enough, or perhaps one of you wasn't listening or heard what was wanted to be heard and nothing else.

But let's give you some hope here. First, this is not your final result--even after two months, you have at least 4-10 months more to reach your "final" appearance. Judicious use of elastic bands and displacement exercises can definitely influence your results for the better, IF you are willing to not be depressed and try to follow directions.

Surgery is never pay and DONE. There is a tremendous amount of healing, softening, implant dropping, and scar maturation that takes 6-12 months. After that, if you've done nothing but complain and be depressed, then you are stuck with re-operation. Which can always occur anyway, but much less frequently if you explain your concerns, listen to your surgeon's advice, and follow it.

Please stop being depressed and find out how to improve your own outcome! Talk to your surgeon, then listen carefully. Hang in there. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants. One breast looks higher and different. Will this improve by itself?

Yes you are still early in recovery and the right implant should come down more. Was there a difference pre op?

Try breast implant displacement exercises and a pole wrap focused on the higher side. For more information please read the link below:

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift

Although you have minimal breast asymmetry following the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift surgery, your pictures indicate an overall excellent clinical result. It's important to realize that it's still relatively early in the post-operative course and that changes in your breast will continue to occur for at least 6 months. At this time, swelling, muscle spasm and the inflammation associated with wound healing are still present. These findings will continue to resolve and continued improvement can be anticipated.

For these reasons, it's important to maintain good communication with your plastic surgeon. It's also important to be patient and realistic regarding your final result. It's important to realize that the vast majority of both patients and plastic surgeons would consider this an excellent result.

Wait three to four months before assessing results

It takes about three to four months for the breasts to settle, and this can happen faster to one side than the other. Please wait a little longer before assessing your results.  

Asymmetry after Breast Lift with Implants

Two months is early in the recovery.  A bandeau strap may help the higher implant drop more quickly.

To be sure, return to see your surgeon or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Most Problems Will Correct Within 6 Months

Your doctor was correct in terms of profile. It is best to wait 6 months until a final evaluation can be made, because most problems can be resolved on their own. In the meantime, you can try a post-augmentation upper pull bandeau. Also, your doctor made the right decision on volume to best fit your body dimensions. From your pictures, I would think that your frame could not handle larger implants.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Subtle differences

are appreciated on your photos but nothing that is obvious at a glance.  You can lower the higher side with maneuvers that should be supervised by your surgeon so you don't over do it and have it lower than the other side.  Overall, I think you look great.  But if you wanted larger, that will not change without larger implants.  Best you can do is let your surgeon know your feelings and perhaps she will invoke less of her opinions on her patients in the future.  But the bottom line, your surgeon wants what is best for you!

Curtis Wong, MD

You have noticeable asymmetry. But it is impossible to assess without your pre-op photos. I suggest you submit your question with pre-op photos. It may be that the correction you achieved is the best that is available given you re-op condition

Asymmetry

Your right nipple is slightly lower because your right implant is sitting slightly higher.  Discuss with your surgeon particular massages that could lower your right implant.  There is no need to surgically raise your right nipple.
Good luck,
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Asymmetry following surgery

Your breasts will evolve quite a bit in the next six months. I recommend that you wait at least that amount of time and then discuss with your surgeon if a revision is advised. Typically it may be performed under local anesthesia if necessary.