Breast implant size not what I requested...

I just had my BA yesterday and I'm scared that the doctor didn't put in the size that I wanted. Pre op I was a 32B and honestly they don't look that much bigger. I gave him a picture of what I wanted and told him I wanted to go to a D. I'm extremely scared that I didn't get what I requested. I will be devastated if I saved all that money up for a breast aug and didnt get what I wanted.

Allow the area to settle before deciding on exchange

Thank you very much enquiry and I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the results of your surgery.

At this stage however it is very difficult to be 100% sure about the likely eventual result following surgery and I think it is certainly sensible to allow the area to settle before deciding whether you would like to have your implants exchanged.

If you are concerned about the appearance of your bust I would suggest that you have a full and open conversation with your plastic surgeon discussing your concerns so that they will have the opportunity to rectify it for you.

I hope the area resolves to your satisfaction.

Best wishes

Wrong size

Soemtimes expectations exceed reality.The best thing to do is to go back and discuss this with your surgeon.At the end of the day I am sure he/she wants you to be happy.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

I think the discussion of the size of implant should be done with your surgeon and it should have been done before surgery.  Best of luck.

Breast implant size not what I requested.

If so convened after one day post op than the issue is between you and your chosen surgeon. Call or see him/her to ask what sized implant in ccs was used. D cups usually need 450 ccs but no posted photo so hard to help you. Good Luck. 

Too early to stress.

The way your breasts appear one day after your augmentation is too early to make any final judgements. However, if you are truly concerned that the size of the implants inserted is very different from what you and your surgeon discussed, and you suspect that some sort of mistake has occurred (which, by the way, is very unlikely), your best next step is to communicate directly with your surgeon or his or her staff and get seen sooner rather than later. Your surgeon will share with you exactly which implants you have (and you might check the ID card you were probably given to see which implants you have) and will also review with you your pre-operative conversations. If you remain convinced that you are far smaller than you wanted to be, your surgeon might we willing to take you back to surgery very soon so that you can still recover within the same time frame but with the size implants and final breast size that you were hoping for. 

Sometimes expectations can be very different from the final outcome and it is therefore most useful to spend as much time as possible talking about what size you want to be and what size implants are likely most suitable for you. 

Bottom line, get seen by your surgeon as soon as possible to discuss your concerns. Best of luck, and hopefully you will end up very satisfied. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Immediate postoperative size concern

It appears that you have a concern about the implant size after recent surgery. I wish that I could give a critical review of your circumstances during the surgery, but only your Surgeon has full insight into what may have been possible. I am sure you expressed your hope and desire before the surgery was performed, but what none of your web site reviewers know is how  difficult this may have been obtainable.  After all, this is what the surgery may have been about, isn't it.  I never promise a specific size for an implant, because I am very aware as an experienced Surgeon that this  may not be able to be offered or delivered

I am sorry for your disappointment, but possibly there may have been a reason for this situation.  Continue to talk with your Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Size is an individual decision and that is why I have patients put implants in a bra till they see the size they like on their body, assuming that is realistic and safe, I have them sign for that volume and then Oder that size for them.  The patient always gets what they signed for.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Don't worry about size judgement until 3 months after surgery

From experience with my own patients as well as with my own breast augmentation, I can tell you that it is VERY difficult to judge size for at least 1-3 months after surgery. When your muscle and skin are tight over top of the implant, it basically smashes the implant against your chest and makes it project (stick out) less. Also, it creates a lot of fullness above the breast, and the surrounding swelling makes the breast itself look smaller in proportion.

Within 1-3 months, the skin and muscle will relax enough that you can really start to appreciate the size. In the worst case scenario that you decide your implant really is too small, I encourage you to discuss this with your surgeon. Sometimes, your doctor will be able to help defray some of the costs of replacement (which is a much easier surgery and recovery than initial placement).

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Anxious about size

This is very common. Take a deep breath and relax. The first day after surgery is filled with anxiety about size. As the swelling resolves and the tissues of the muscles and breasts stretch your breasts will appear larger. I know, it seems like a paradox but it's true. Talk with your surgeon about your fears.

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Size concerns

At this stage, swelling will make the breasts seem like they are too big.  Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your follow up.  They will also tell you exactly what size your received.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon