BRAVA system after breast implant removal?

I had breast augmentantion 3 years ago, went from AA to B with 240 cc silicone, the incision was periareolar and the results are very good but I just don't like the idea of having implants and therefore wish to have them removed. I do not wish fat transfer. I wonder if I still could benefit from the slight improvement in size that BRAVA offers after the explant surgery. Do you think it would be safe to use? If so, how long should I wait after the explantation? Would the results last? Thank you

BRAVA system after explanation

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.

• First of all, you may need a small vertical breast lift to reshape your breasts after implant removal.
  • You should wait 6 months before trying the BRAVA system.
  • It is not likely to be effective - it's may effect is in stretching skin to allow fat transfers to take better.
  • It hasn't lived up to its original promise of permanently increasing breast tissue without surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bravo system after explantation

The Bravo system is not usually needed after explantation as the skin is already expanded.

Susan Kolb, MD