Will my nipples will clear up or not - 4 days post-op breast lift. (photos)

2 days post-op I took my shower and gently washed the area, then the steri-strips fell off and I had to replace them. I saw this result of the nipple area and I was mortified. Is this normal? How on earth will this heal smoothly? But these nipples look like a pit bull chewed them off! Please give me your thoughts.

Post op recovery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Healing of Nipples During Post-Op

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days. Your incisions and nipples are still following along the healing process, but if you find yourself concerned at all it is best to meet with your surgeon.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Nipples

If you posted photos, they do not appear with this question so it is difficult to comment. Best of luck to repost.