2 years post-op chest seems unshaped and doesn't have curve like chest, does the surgery effect the muscle? (photos)

Did 1st surgery in 2012 march tummy tuck/chest reduction because of me having boobs from being overweight which consisted of lipo in chest and tissue removal and this April another to fix nipples sizing and my revision on my scars and been doing diet& weights. HEAVY ON STRICT PLAN ANDIM HITTING CHEST PECS ALSO VERY HARD BUT I FEEL THEY STILL TEND TO STAY FLAT. Does the surgrey have any effect on muscle showing in that chest area? It seems it wont look like a shaped and curved like regular guys?

2 years post-op chest seems unshaped and doesn't have curve like chest, does the surgery effect the muscle?

Traditionally the surgery is confined to the skin and the subcutaneous tissue. If the surgeon is not careful damage can occur to the investing fascia and cause indentations. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Two years post surgery

Hi geo12x,

Thanks for the post and photos. The main issue with your chest is the size and location of your areolas. They are too large and too low. The areola needs to be just above the lower border of the pectoralis muscle but your areolas are at the border on one side and below the pectoralis on the other side. This will need a revision and I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this surgery. The surgery in and of itself does not have a direct effect on the muscle.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

2 Years Post Gynecomastia Surgery & Pec Muscle Concern

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions.

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia which does not involve changing the pectoral muscles. The surgeon recommends the technique that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. This technique which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique is chosen to create a natural look. 

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which should have been brought to your attention you during your consultation.

Concerns about chest wall appearance after gynecomastia surgery…

No, gynecomastia surgery does not involve the pectoralis major muscle.  It is likely that the shape of your chest wall  is determined mainly by the operation performed (changes made with the skin/soft tissue coverage of the chest wall). 

I would encourage you to continue your efforts through diet and chest wall exercise;  hopefully you will begin to see the changes you wish to see.   Best wishes.

Male breast reduction has no effect on the muscle

Male breast reduction surgery does not include the muscle that is beneath the tissue.  It simply removes the excess tissue and possibly some skin and fat.

Simply put, the surgery has no direct effect on the muscle.

If you're really hitting the gym religiously and are sticking to a superb diet program, perhaps it all boils down to your genetics.  This is the reason why some body-builders ask for pec implants because for some men this area does not improve (or appear muscular) despite rigorous weight lifting. 

I hope that helps and good luck.