I am a girl with Indian brown skin and I did lactic acid peel last night which burnt my entire face this morning (Photo)

I am on adapalene and clindamycin gel treatment regime for last three Months. I did 50% lactic acid treatment last night for 1 minute and has severe burning sensation. It completely burnt my face. I am Worried if this will heal without any scarring and what should I do to prevent it from scarring and heal faster ??

Chemical Peels and Indian Skin

Darker skin types are much more sensitive to chemical peels that lighter skin and that must be taken into account when  doing a peel.  It's important for all skin types to be very cautious when using chemical peels and I encourage everyone see a professional for peels and to avoid home peels due to the risk of scarring which can be permanent.  Please find a board-certified dermatologist in your area who has experience treating darker skin and have an in-person consult to discuss your next steps.

Good Luck!

Dr. Shah

Indian Skin and Chemical Peels

I treat a lot of patients with Indian skin and you have to be very sensitive since it can burn or hyperpigment very easily.  You need to consult a dermatologic for proper wound care now so that the peel doesn't hyperpigment you or scar you. Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green