Not happy with final result?

Had rhinoplasty a week ago and just got the cast off however I am not happy with the final result. Before having surgery I had a slightly wonky nose, however it was thin and suited me. After taking cast off I am not happy with the front view as it looks nothing like Me. The nose looks so wide and fat, I understand swelling needs to go down but can it go down dramatically as I would like my nose to be similar to how it was before surgery just obviously not wonky that is what I was hoping...

If You're Not Happy...Talk To Your Surgeon!

Dear johnsonfee,  You are far too early to be worried about your result. Bruising and swelling can be significant after a rhinoplasty.....depending on the work done. It may take several weeks before you start to see the results you are looking for. All this being said, your surgeon is the best person qualified to tell you how long they think your recovery may take. Please be patient and stay in communication with your surgeon. Good luck. Dr. Gervais. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with results

Thank you for your question.  You are one week post op and it is too early in your recovery time to be worried about swelling.  It is not uncommon to have swelling this early.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed. Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 1 week, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty at one week

All bets are off at one week!  You are likely very very swollen and the nose is stiff. It can take a year or more for things to settle down.  Take a deep breath and allow the healing process to occur.  If you are concerned review with your surgeon.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 1 week days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD