Would a doctor consider doing a bust reduction if I am overweight? My bmi is 30.

Would a doctor consider doing a bust reduction if I am overweight?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations were performed. As you likely know, it is always best to be as close as possible to a long-term stable weight prior to any type of elective plastic surgical procedure.
However, there are cases (possibly yours?) where the surgical procedure will be a potential “jumpstart” for ease of exercise and  weight loss after surgery.

You will find good arguments for each approach.   Careful selection of your plastic surgeon (board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with) and careful consideration of pros/cons/risks/complications associated with each approach will be important.
Best wishes with either approach you choose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scarless breast reduction

yes it can be done but for the significantly overweight patient I often offer the option of the liposuction only procedure. It's quick simple and significantly safer especially in the heavy patient. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers this particular variation of the operation and look into it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Scarless breast reduction

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon