Would a doctor consider doing a bust reduction if I am overweight? My bmi is 30.

Would a doctor consider doing a bust reduction if I am overweight?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations were performed. As you likely know, it is always best to be as close as possible to a long-term stable weight prior to any type of elective plastic surgical procedure.
However, there are cases (possibly yours?) where the surgical procedure will be a potential “jumpstart” for ease of exercise and  weight loss after surgery.

You will find good arguments for each approach.   Careful selection of your plastic surgeon (board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with) and careful consideration of pros/cons/risks/complications associated with each approach will be important.
Best wishes with either approach you choose.

Scarless breast reduction

yes it can be done but for the significantly overweight patient I often offer the option of the liposuction only procedure. It's quick simple and significantly safer especially in the heavy patient. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers this particular variation of the operation and look into it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon