7 days post op breast aug w/ lift on right breast. Left breast has a little bruising, but more swelling & sitting higher.(photo)

Should I be worried about the left breast. I am just worried that they will be noticeably different when settled and healed. Are these conditions normal for what I had done. (I had a lift in the right and not in left, PS said there was more constriction in my left so it required more work. Right was a 420 filled to a 450 [high profile saline] and the left was a 420 filled to a 420). I was an A-cup pre-operatively. You can see in the images (even with sports bra on) the swelling (higher) than the left.

Breasts uneven after surgery

That's quite a bit of surgery on your breasts so naturally they are swollen for some time after the operation. Typically there is more swelling on one side than the other. It is far too early to make any determination about your final result, symmetry, etc. It sounds like everything is normal for this point in time -- just be patient and let the swelling subside and the tissues will soften and settle. Only then can the results be assessed accurately!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breasts asymmetric 1 week after surgery

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• We all want to see the final result right away -
  • But especially with implants, that is not possible.
  • Your breasts are swollen and the implant is sitting high.
  • It will take weeks, perhaps months for the implant to settle and most of the swelling to subside.
  • Be patient - but let your surgeon know your concerns so you can be reassured about your healing.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

You have normal bruising from the limited photos included. One cannot comment on asymmetry in your bra and you would need to post some other photos out of your bra. Generally results from augment and lift can take months before they can be truly assessed and you should liase with your PS to go through the pros and cons.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry postop

Thanks for your posting.  It is not uncommon to have some difference in swelling or shape immediately after surgery, but only your plastic surgeon can tell you whether it is within normal limits.  A proper physical exam is required.

7 days post-surgery

Hi... thank you for the question and photos.... 7 days post-surgery is too soon to tell about results... you still swollen, bruising is normal with breast procedures. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Small difference and asymmetries

you can have brusises and asymmetries on your breast because each breasy procedure is a unique surgery so your swelling and recovery period can be different, please keep your follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Modest asymmetries are fairly common after breast augmentation.

It's hard to give a specific opinion with the photographs provided. Modest asymmetries and bruising are common after breast augmentation. Significant asymmetries should be reported to your surgeon.

7 days post op

Thanks for the question.  Without seeing an unclothed photo, it is very difficult to make any comments.  That being said, at 7 days it is way too early to be concerned about small asymmetries.  Your breasts will change significantly over the next verbal weeks.  It is very common for the breast to have some mild differences during the early healing phase.  Best wishes.

The information above should not be considered a substitute for consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to address individual medical needs. Your particular facts and circumstances will determine the plastic surgery treatment which is most appropriate for you.

Post-op swelling

Hello and thank you for your question.  First off, no two breasts are identical.  Having said that, as Plastic Surgeons we do our best to restore/improve symmetry.  From your pictures I do not see anything that is alarming, but you have to remember that many factors affect the ability to evaluate symmetry with photos: 1) a bra can change what is perceived, 2) the camera angle when taking a "selfie" may be different from one side to another, etc..  A little post-op swelling is normal but I recommend you relay your concerns to your plastic surgeon as they are the most well-informed about what surgery you had and maneuvers that were performed in your particular case.  If you would like to resubmit photos to realself, I would recommend doing so without a bra and having views that are a) straight-on, b) oblique, and c) directly from the side.  It also helps if you have someone else take the photos from the same height and angle each time and you move your body.  Hope this helps!

Sean Kelishadi, MD