I have had $5000.00 worth of juvederm and botox and the juvederm has only lasted 4 months. Is the lite-lift better?

About Facial Rejuvenation with Lite-lift™

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. The LiteLift™ is an innovative facelift developed by board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Larry Nichter and myself which benefits many male patients. The goal of the #LiteLift is to provide a less invasive natural looking option for both men and women desiring to refresh their appearance with less downtime and risks. The LiteLift® is a “real” facelift, which does address the underlying muscle, tissue and overlying skin.

The technique requires limited incisions and takes a vertical lifting approach, in contrast to the traditional facelift, which requires extensive incisions and lifts or pulls the face towards the ears horizontally. The modern techniques used allow us to perform most LiteLift® procedures in the office under local anesthesia. Also, removing the risk of general anesthesia opens the door for more people to pursue facial surgery. All too often people do not move forward with undergoing the desires facelift surgery due to their overwhelming fear of the risks associated with general anesthesia.

This is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with stable skin elasticity, well-defined bone structure but showing early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™. All in all, Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient. 

Concept Facelift Under Local Anaesthetic

Thank you for your question and picture.  You can have a lower facelift under local anaesthetic therefor being less invasive than traditional methods as there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period.  The Concept™ facelift is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. 

What are the benefits of a local anaesthetic facelift?

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

The Concept Facelift can be combined with other facial procedures or shaping such as dermal fillers, neck lift, upper blepharoplasty surgery etc. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best 

Tweet

Facelift options

If a liquid facelift has not provided the results that you seek, there are a number of options. If you decide on a facelift, then ensure that the procedure will also address the muscles as it will increase the quality and longevity of the procedure. Consult with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Chemical Facelift vs. Facelift, Mini Lift, Laer Resurfacing, Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juveder

here are many different options to lift your face, depending on how much sagging you have and your skin quality. If the chemical lift isn't working for you, you may respond to facial resurfacing and collagen production with laser therapy. Or you may need a full facelift. Mini lift will not last as long. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Face Lift vs. Injectables

While there are a few issues that can be corrected with fillers and Botox, for someone "of a certain age" there is nothing like surgery to create results that truly make a difference. If you have frowns, horizontal forehead lines, crow's feet, bunny lines, and smoker's lines above the lips, Botox can address these issues.  If you have facial wasting, thin lips, flat cheekbones, an obvious depression in your nose, "smile lines" (also known as nasolabial folds), fillers can be helpful.  These injectables can not, however, address loose, sagging, drooping skin, and you will be wasting your money if you expect such results.  I advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has been in practice for many years, because surgery on the face is much more delicate (and must be even more accurate) than surgery on the body.

This is an excellent case for why one should seek a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. That way you are consulting with someone who is able to not only perform injections but the full scope of facial rejuvenation. It is difficult difficult records to evaluate you without photographs. Often fat injection are used in the place of fillers. Here you have much more long-lasting results when fat is used.

Good Luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Botox, Juvederm and a facelift all accomplish three different goals

Botox, Juvederm and a surgical facelift accomplish three completely separate goals. Best to probably have an in-person consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and all the options available. In our practice, we do not recommend a mini lift since they only give mini results.

Seek evaluation

at this point, you seem to be doing a cost benefit analysis due to the cost of your injectables. It's best to seek consultation from a certified, experienced surgeon to see what would be most beneficial.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Had $5000.00 worth of juvederm and botox and the juvederm has only lasted 4 months. Is the lite-lift better?

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.  My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

I have had $5000.00 worth of juvederm and botox and the juvederm has only lasted 4 months

Fillers can last a few weeks to several months, but none of them are permanent.  If you are looking for permanent results, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced in a natural facelift.  Best wishes on your journey.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD