Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

Lost 80lbs carried most my weight in my middle. I have had two children no c-sections. What procedures would you recommend ?

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Yes based on your photo you should be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.

If you plan further weight loss wait until you are at your final weight. If you lose weight after your tummy tuck the skin could sag again.

Find an experienced ethical board certified plastic surgeon who is a memeber of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and American Society of Aesthetic plastic Surgeons (ASAPS.)

Tummy tuck

You appear to be a great candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction.  Be sure to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and one certified by ASAPS and ASPS.  Hope all goes well for you.

Paul Watterson, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Outstanding outcome is possible

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  Find a surgeon who specializes in this area and you should have an outstanding outcome. It does not appear that you need a lower body lift, which should be reserved for patients with much more skin excess.  From these photographs, your problem appears to be only in the area that is treated by the tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck with plication

Looking at your photos you will need a full tummy tuck and tightening of your abdominal wall muscles.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate, some advices:

Congratulations for your weight loss, and thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed your question and photos, i realize that you have a very beautiful body, with sagging skin, fat tissue and several stretch marks...So, we need to rescue that figure!
In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

God bless you,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

The photos suggest that you would greatly benefit from a TT. You should consult with a Board Certifed PS.

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss. If you are finished having children I think you are a terrific candidate for a full tummy tuck with tightening of the rectus muscles and liposuctioning. The loose abdominal skin resultant from pregnancy and weight loss will not tighten up no matter how may sit ups you do. An abdominoplasty will be the best way to a flat, taught middle that will show off the fitness level you have achieved.
Speak with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the surgery at length. You should be quite proud of what you've achieved.!!

Best Wishes,

J. Michael Morrissey,MD

Good candidate for a tummy tuck after weight loss

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing it the right way by losing the weight first. Based on your photographs alone, you appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck with skin/fat removal and muscle tightening depending on any other medical issues that you may have. Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

A full abdominoplasty with liposuction and muscle tightening should dramatically transform your midsection. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Congratulations on your weight loss! From your photos- it appears that you are a good candidate for abdominoplasty. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS who specializes in post weight loss reconstruction.