Are liposuction areas suppose to be smooth? Will my profile get thinner? (photos)

The side labeled ??? Has a depression in it. When I wear clothes it gets deeper. My flank isn't smooth. I'm 32 days post op tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks. Also I swell a lot and the form of my stomach swelling depends on what I'm wearing. Pants leaves a deep defined line on my waist than wearing a dress. Will this get better?

Need more time

Definitely I would wait a bit longer.  When you have a TT and lipo, there is a large amount of fluid shifting (as well as skin and fat).  That results in some of the most swelling that we see in any cosmetic operation.  Additionally, scars and contour continue to improve over time as the body softens any irregularities and depressions.

I would keep close follow up with your doctor but plan to be patient for a while, at least till 6 months post op.  While you have "recovered" your final results will continue to improve over time and will settle out at 6-12 months most likely, but sometimes even longer.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia

Too soon to judge your final results

It is really too soon for your to judge your final results. Most tummy tuck patients are still quite swollen at 1 month post op. My best advise would be for you to be patient and kind to yourself and if at 6 months post op, you are still unhappy then schedule an appointment to speak with your surgeon. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

You are still early in your healing phase and still have swelling, especially from the liposuction. Yes, it will get better over the next several months. If clothes are leaving indentations, please continue to wear Spanx for another month during the day.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Early defects

It is too early to tell, if your surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon please consult him or her, you are in good hands.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Dent?

It is probably too early to tell because you lily have a lot of swelling as well. You should give it 4-6 months to settle. Good luck.