What is the best lip augmentation for me? (photos)

I want to decrease the micro-lines above my upper lip and give it a fuller look, when I smile my upper lip disappears and I have a gummy smile, what lip augmentation will help these problems? Or lessen them?

Gummy smile

A combination of a few units to the levator labii superioris alaeque nasi muscles, which are responsible for lifting the upper lip when we smile, and Pelleve radiofrequency treatments, should alleviate a "gummy" smile, allow a fuller upper lip to show, and soften fine lines. This conservative approach should give you the results you are hoping for.

What is the best lip augmentation for me

Juvederm or Restylane would be a great option to help give you a fuller look, its temporary and usually lasts 8-12 months, you may also need a small amount of Botox to help with the gummy smile 

Gummy smile and best lip augmentation

The best combination approach would be injections of Restylane to give you a fuller upper lip and a small about of Botox to reduce this gummy smile.  This simple combination will last approximately six months and leave you with a beautiful smile.

Gummy Smile and Lip Enhancement

Without seeing additional views of your face and mouth, I can only give a "best guess." Your gummy smile can be treated with strategic injections of Botox to relax the muscles that lift the upper lip. If you are happy with the result, these injections can be repeated every few months. If you don't notice a big improvement, you haven't burned any bridges.

Additional enhancement of the lips is readily accomplished with injections of hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Juvederm. These can be injected to enhance the outline of your lips along the vermilion as well as to add volume to the pink of the lip. Since you already have lips that are quite full, I would recommend finding a conservative injector to help you achieve the look you want.

From the photos you have posted, it appears that overdevelopment of your upper jaw and/or underdevelopment of your lower jaw may be affecting the position and shape of your lips. If your chin is somewhat weak, a simple chin implant can help improve the posture of the lower lip. Again, these are all conjunctures without seeing you in person. I hope this helps.

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip

Injections (a variety of options) can "plump up" the lip more. Whilem it may have some softening effect on your gummy smile, it may well be that maxillary repositioning would be necessary to more completely improve that aspect. More specific advice could be given after a formal examination.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD