I need to know the best option for me?

i weight 273 lbs im 5'2 most of my weight is in my stomach, i was looking for a reasonable good doctor to help with my stomach fat and to tell me what would be the best procedure for me

Tummy tuck in a high BMI patient.

Ideally you should obtain the ideal body weight before proceeding with elective abdominoplasty. This is not absolutely necessary any particular ectomy with repair of the abdominal wall may give you sizable improvement. The complication rate is higher in high BMI patients

Tummy Tuck - Weight Loss First

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Liposuction

Hello dear, thanks for your question. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. Your BMI can not be over 32 to have a plastic surgery!

Ideal liposuction candidates are:

• Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
  • Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
  • Non-smokers
  • Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring

If you are bothered by excess fat deposits – located anywhere on your body – that don’t respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you.

I recommend to visit a board certified plastic surgeo for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Weight

Thank you for your question. The best option at your current weight is some type of weight loss and if not successful with diet and exercise then bariatric surgery may be the best option. If surgery is completely out of the question for weight loss for you then you may want to consider the Orbera gastric balloon. We have had patients lose over 55 lbs with this device. But ideally if your BMI is 40 or higher gastric sleeve is most appropriate. Good luck.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Weigth and stomach

I probably would recommend for you to go to a good bariatric surgeon to see about getting an operation to shed some weight.At your weight you would not be a good candidate in my opinion.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure - 5.2 and 273

Thank you for asking about your  best procedure for your height and weight.

If you are unable to lose weight on your own, the only reasonable procedure for you is bariatric surgery with a gastric bypass. Your health unfortunately will be badly affected by your weight and cosmetic surgery unfortunately will not be helpful. Please ask your regular doctor for a referral to a bariatric surgeon. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I need to know the best option for me?

Thank you for your question. I completely understand your frustration. Unfortunately plastic surgery and/or liposuction are not reasonable options for you at this point. If you have been unsuccessful at weight loss on your own with dietary or exercise measures you could consider bariatric surgery. There are several surgical procedures which alter the anatomy of your stomach or small intestine. These procedures can be very successful at helping you loose significant weight. I suggest you talk with your primary care doctor in order to locate one of these bariatric programs within your region. After your weight loss there are a number of plastic surgical procedures available for removing and tightening loose skin. Best of luck!

BMI and cosmetic surgery

I would recommend you discuss with a physician or weight loss specialist regarding weight loss.  Most surgeons require your BMI to be less than 30 prior to cosmetic surgery.

Good Luck,

See an Expert for a Consult

You really need a formal evaluation to determine what treatments can support your ultimate goals. Treatments like VASER Hi Def liposuction are for contouring and shaping.  I suggest a formal consult to see what and if you are a candidate for surgery and what type. There are many options but liposuction itself is really not for weight loss and close to your idea weight is best. Best, Dr. Emer

Best answer for you

The answer for you will likely be determined only by your motivation. If you are not able to stick with a diet, then considering a medical weight loss clinic is best. If that does not work for you, then a Bariatric procedure might be a consideration. Complications in cosmetic surgery rise significantly in Obese and Morbidly obese patients and the prudent surgeon would defer surgery until you are lighter to do any elective surgery.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon