Should I get plastic surgery? (Photo)

I have semi large breasts and ever since they developed they have been sagging. I would like some advice as to what to do. I am 20 years old.

Define your goals

The question about whether you should have plastic surgery is one that only you can answer.  If you do not like your breasts and want to change them surgical, then yes it is a good choice.  If you are doing it for someone else, or do not have well defined goals, then no it is not a good choice.  If you decide to have surgery, the best surgical option for you would be a breast lift. You have enough volume to get a good result from a lift. 

For Large breasts liposuction may be the answer

Large breasts in a younger patient who does not want to have scars on her breast may have options that are minimally invasive.
Liposuction breast reduction is a technique by which  2 small incisions for the liposuction cannulas are placed at the level of the inframammary fold. Breasts with more fat than breast parenchyma are better candidates but often upwards of 2 cups sizes can be reduced with liposuction alone.
The breast is often weighed down by the weight of the tissue in the breast. Once this is removed the breast may establish a more superiorly located position on the chest wall due to the contractile properties of ligament tissue in the breast. This is more often the case in younger patients who have more elasticity in tissue.
A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of ASAPS is a good idea. Check the Smart Beauty Guide for a listing of ASAPS members in your local area.

Plastic Surgery Options

Hi, thanks for your picture and for your inquiry, I would say that you could be a candidate either for a breast lift, or for a breast reduction either way it is up to you. You are quite young and you have many things to consider prior electing a surgery. Please make sure that you and your Plastic Surgeon are on the same page, make all the questions needed, discuss thoroughly all your concerns, options and expectations. Good luck in your PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery

Any elective surgery should be done only if it is something you want, regardless of the opinion of others.  If the appearance of your breasts is bothersome to you, then know you have options available to help you achieve a look that you find more desirable.  If the appearance doesn't bother you, then be happy and go on. At age 20 you may still have children and breastfeeding in your future.  These two life events can alter the appearance of the breasts as well.  Good luck to you!

Camille Cash, MD

Should I get a breast reduction or lift?

Hope I can help. 20 years old is most likely a patient who will still want to have children. Think about waitiing until after you have had your family and then have surgery.

You are a candidate

Hello, let me tell you that you are indeed a candidate for breastlift with or without reduction. That would be your choice to decide how big you want your breasts to be. Best wishes 

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Patients should never be ambivalent about elective cosmetic breast surgery.

If you're still scratching your head about whether or not you want breast surgery don't do it. When you decided precisely how you would like to look discuss this with the plastic surgeon and consider the options. Make certain you understand the convalescence as well as any incisional consequences. Expect to see many pre-and postop photographs.

Breast lift vs reduction

Breast lift and breast reduction are performed in similar manners.  If you are happy with the size but would like a lift, a breast lift is the right choice for you.  If you have symptoms such as neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving or rashes under the breasts, a reduction may improve your symptoms and provide a lift at the same time.  I would encourage you to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon so that you can learn more and have your questions addressed.  Good luck!

For more information on breast lift or breast reduction, visit the link below.

W. Bryant Walker, MD
Jackson Physician

Should I get plastic surgery?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos.... Evaluating your case.. There is Breast Ptosis and asymmetry... I suggest that a Mastopexy (Breast Lift) with or without implants (After physical evaluation), to reafirm the breast position ans symmetry.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

What to do

Looking at your photos, you might do very well with a reduction or lift. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all your concerns and options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon