How soon can you sit after a BBL?

I've decided to get a BBL this month (closer to the end of the month/September 26th). But I am moving to a different state in November, which is 6 hours away from where I currently live. So I want to start checking out places ASAP. My question is, how soon can I sit on my butt after a BBL. Is two weeks good enough for a 6 hour journey?

Sitting after BBL

You can actually sit next day after BBL . Although it will be painful, and it is recommended that you travel with some memory foam cushion,s and also to change posture during your travel . Pain will be the best indicator that it is time to change position. Also try to make some stops on your 6 hour trip , so that you can stand up for a while . Best wishes 

BBl and sitting

Dear Sunshine,
Thanks for your question.
Your question is best answered by your surgeon.  My patients are allowed to sit after two weeks post op.  Other surgeons require a longer period of pressure free sitting.
Best of luck

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

BBL and sitting

I prefer that patients avoid sitting for at least 2 weeks and then limiting their sitting for the next few weeks to just a few minutes at a time with continuous change of position.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Thank you for your question.It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work or have to drive for long periods of time before three weeks, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 15-20 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon