Rhinoplasty, what can be done to achieve natural sharp nose? (photo)

I want to change my nose for so many years ... I think cartiage of my nose is ok only tip is very wide and bulbous. Picture is attached ... Please advise what can be done to achieve natural sharp nose

Rhinoplasty for the tip...

I would not concentrate on the word "sharp." The goal would be to decrease the bulbosity of the nasal tip, refining the shape to something thinner and natural appearing that blends well with the bridge of the nose. Be sure to find a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Scarless (CLOSED) rhinoplasty for tip is the answer

You have a beautiful nose, but some minor refinement to narrow and sharpen the tip could look nice.  The key is to do this from a closed/scarless approach where you could cut away some excess cartilage and then perform transdomal suturing to bring the tip to the middle and make it look sharper and more defined. 

Absolutely NO reason to do OPEN rhinoplasty (where they make a cut in the middle of your face and inflict a scar on your nose).  Your nose could be addressed with a closed (scarless) approach.

Consult a closed (scarless) rhinoplasty surgeon who performs this almost on a daily basis. 

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Maybe you're a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.

The photo that you submitted doesn't show the wide tip well enough for a detailed analysis. Actually, it's the three-quarters views that often show a wide tip best. 

I usually make a morph when I'm answering questions like this, to show the changes that are possible for your nose with a rhinoplasty but I need more photos. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nasal tip

I looks as if a closed nasal tip plasty should do the trick. See an experienced board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your issues with them. Surgery can be done as an outpatient and your tip will be thinner. A natural nasal tip is not very pointy -- so make sure you discuss what you want with the doctor.  

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty, what can be done to achieve natural sharp nose?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goals

You're wide tip and nasal base can be narrowed and refined. I need to see a profile and base view of your nose to provide a more complete evaluation.

Tip plasty

The nasal tip can be reduced in size and made more defined by tip plasty alone.  You do not need a full rhinoplasty if tip is the only area that bothers you.  In some individuals can be done under local anesthesia with mild sedation.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Limitations of rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photo. You are correct in that your tip is wide and bulbous. A rhinoplasty can narrow and refine the tip and also narrow the nose at the top and bottom nostril part. However, you appear to have thick skin and skin is the only thing that a rhinoplasty cannot change. I would say your skin thickness is major limiting factor to getting a very defined tip. A rhinoplasty will certainly help and you can be happy with it. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural Nose With Rhinoplasty

Your nose is comprised of (approximately) half bone (the upper half), and half cartilage (the lower half). I have looked closely at your photo, and understand your concern.  Your tip and the bulbousness you mention can be addressed by operating on the lower half. Natural is always the best result, because if you look naturally beautiful, and your nose is in harmony with your other features, you will not only look better immediately, but as you age throughout life, your nose will always look appropriate. Choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon is one of the biggest decisions you will make, because it will influence your looks forever. I strongly suggest you arrange for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with decades of experience working not just on the body, but the nose and face. The nose and face are the hardest areas to operate on because there is no "aesthetic forgiveness":  every millimeter is noticeable. Please do your research, and read his or her reviews, look at his or her education, and make sure the surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon.