Fat grafting verse breast lift? If they were fuller would that help with the appearance of them? (Photos)

I've been going back and forth with myself for the past few months on whether or not I should get a breast lift. But the reality is I do not believe I can commit to the scarring. I'm considering fat grafting to fill in/out the loose skin that I have. Thoughts? A wish man/surgeon once said no scar is always better than scars and I agree. But I would like to know my options/doctors thoughts. Also my nipples aren't that sensitive to begin with and I don't want to risk loosing all sensitivity.

Fat Grafting

Fat grafting to the breast will only increase your breast size by 1/2 - 1 cup.  You may benetfit from an actual implant plus or minus a lift as well.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift vs fat graft

IN my opinion you will NOT achieve the results you indicated with fat grafting alone.    In fact, even a lift will not create that result exactly.  You might achieve it with lift PLUS implants, if you're willing to consider that option.

Brest lift

Thanks for reaching out.  I think you would do wonderful with a breast lift.  Fat grafting will not achieve what you are looking for.  The shape delivered with a breast lift will far out weigh the scarring.  In general in plastic surgery shape beats scars everytime.  Over a year the scars fade considerably.  I have never had any patients complain about them in the long run.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for your options.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhancement

Hello and thank you for your question. There are several options available to you.  However, in order to give the best advice, I highly recommend an in-person consultation.  Breast lift scars can be designed to be minimal and barely visible in some cases.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

Adding volume does not significantly raise the breasts, and it looks like yours need raising.  Best to evaluate in person.

Your breasts

Fat grafting would be an absolute waste of time and money. Go for an in person consultation so an experienced doctor could evaluate your issues and give you advice. If you don't want any scars, don't do surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Fat grafting

May be an option for more fullness of you want to maintain the shape you have without lift scars, provided you have donor fat available. Fat grafting to the breast usually results in 2/3 or so taking.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Fat grafting

An even wiser man might say that the operation has to fit the need.  Focusing on scarring misses the main point which is the appearance of your breasts. You need to evaluate scars that are at least a year post op; most of what you see online are early scars that haven't healed. Your degree of ptosis cannot be corrected with fat grafting.  Additionally, it is important to understand the background of how the sagging developed. If it is from yo yo dieting, unless this is in your past, sagging will recur under the same circumstances.  If based on your skin tone and size of the breasts, it will recur as well.Best,Dr KraftForest Hills Plastic Surgery