Facial Fat - how to slim my face? (photo)

Im 33 year old female I have always had chubby cheeks and big face , even after losing a weight my face hasn't changed. This has made me very self conscious over the years so I was looking for a procedure to slim down my face. Pic is attached. what is the treatment I can do to get chiseled look . Is there any non surgical procedure to do that

Doctor Answers 2

How to slim my face? = buccal fat removal could be an option. #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval #chiseledface

Fullness of the lower cheeks usually doesn't go away with diet and exercise.This is because the buccal fat, located in the lower cheeks is very resistant to changes in body weight decrease secondary to dieting and exercise. 

In patient candidates, buccal fat removal could improve chubby cheeks. The removal of the buccal fat makes decreases the fullness of the "chipmunk" cheeks, therefore, making the face to look more angular /chisealed. in my practice I perform the buccal fat removal under local anesthesia with minimal pain or discomfort. 

Patients interested in buccal fat pad removal  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 128 reviews

Looking to slim my face

Thank you for asking about your facial fat.

  • First of all, you photo shows you to be truly beautiful, a great place to start.
  • \Based on  your photo, I think you are likely to get a subtle but nice result with buccal fat removal and Botox to slim the masseter muscle.
  • And exam is needed to be sure -
  • Please see a Board Certified Plastic or Facial Plastic Surgeon!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.